Frequent Contributor

OT/ Dh is starting to hate Dooneys Bags..Lol

I was just telling him that since we got a marathon of Dooneys yesterday and today Dear Q. Is trying to stick the Dooneys bags thru our eyes with these pretty and pricey leather bags... and he just commented " that since Im starting to love them he and all the husbands all around are starting to hate Dooneys lol lol
Esteemed Contributor

Re: OT/ Dh is starting to hate Dooneys Bags..Lol

They are becoming very common.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

some of the bags are quite nice. I got one from a store here and I get a lot of compliments because the quality shows but the styling is more subtle compared to some of the styles on the Q. They have a number of nice bags but they are a bit expensive and sometimes the design is nice but the colors aren't my cup of tea. Seems there have been a lot more shows lately though.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/13/2014 HonnyBrown said:

I can say the same for coach bags.
Trusted Contributor

What happened to the big bags? Were they too expensive? I know there's a market for them. Lots of use carry files and iPads and Filofaxes. Add a makeup bag, wallet, charger for all the electronics and I can't use the flap over sac that's sold so many they've added rainbow colors and suede. Drop a $3,000.00 notebook because there's no zipper closure? don't think so. . Remember the cabriolet duffle? There was a normal purse carrying woman's model to match? What happened to that model, that idea?
Honored Contributor

On 9/14/2014 BlingQueen022 said:

Yes, even more so for Coach bags.

Honored Contributor

On 9/14/2014 BlingQueen022 said:

Thankfully Coach is re-thinking their strategy and pulling back a lot of their outlet bags.

Super Contributor

Well I don't blame husbands. I tend to agree myself. It is absolutely preposterous what designer handbags are being sold for these days. You can't convince me that any of them are so well-made and of such extreme quality that they are worth over $ 300.00-$600.00 and up each.

It's absolutely sinful to feed these people that kind of money and allow them to continue to collect that kind of money for the same work back when the same quality cost less than

$ 100.00. not all that long ago. If we pay those ridiculous prices, they will continue to rise consistently.

What husband would think it okay to pay that much for something as frivolous as a purse,

especially when we buy so many of them every year. They don't go up in value like precious gemstones.

I am boycotting all designer bags that cost in the hundreds of dollars now. They aren't going to "woo" me out of my hard-earned money to stuff their greedy pockets.

I don't have to show off how much I can spend just to carry around my wallet, keys, etc. Many bags of a good price are beautiful and made of leather and other fine quality materials. I don't need to wear specifically anyone's "name" branded on my purse. It's just a "tote" to carry my things, and I like to buy several as I like changes all throughout the year. If I paid those prices, I would feel like I had to carry the same ones for a decade or more to get my money's worth out of it.

I recently bought an all glove-leather bag on sale for less than $ 89.00 that I adore. Gorgeous ! I have the other $ 200.00-$ 400.00 to use elsewhere .

Honored Contributor

Dooneys are so over priced. I use to really like them but I hate the duck on them now and how high the prices are. I purchase Kate Spade bags when they have a sale.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

I didn't think anyone still shopped Dooney or Coach. MK has over saturated the market for quite a while now. He was so popular I didn't even want one of his bags although they are nice. I have loved Kate for years. Unfortunately I also like Gucci, Louis and Prada which start at $1,500. That is a lot of hard earned money to be fabulous.