Honored Contributor

My salon charges an extra $3 for a Vinylux mani. I cannot understand why, the polish does not cost any more than other brands, and it takes the tech less time to do since there is no base coat. I just feel like it is just a gimmick for more money on their part. Anyone else pay more for it? I will buy my own on ebay if I want to continue with it. Thanks.

Super Contributor

My salon charges $5 more if you use their Vinylux polishes and top coat. If you bring your own it's the same price as a regular manicure or pedicure.

I was told they pay more for for CND products, even with professional discounts.

Honored Contributor

Buying it on ebay it is no more than the other quality brands. Some sellers offer very nice discounts on buying multiples in one order.

Respected Contributor
Hi, Shelbelle! I've never used vinylux. Do you really like it? Does it damage your nails? I love gel manis, but it does a number on my nails. I would be interested in buying my own to try. Thanks a lot for any info you can give me!
Honored Contributor

I have my own and it does not cost any more, the polish is more expensive then the essie they buy from their distributors

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor
On 9/13/2014 FUTURE said: Hi, Shelbelle! I've never used vinylux. Do you really like it? Does it damage your nails? I love gel manis, but it does a number on my nails. I would be interested in buying my own to try. Thanks a lot for any info you can give me!

Vinylux isn't a gel polish. It's regular polish that can be taken off with non-acetone remover. You have to use the Vinylux top coat and it cures under regular light within 3-4 minutes. For me it lasts a full 2 weeks without chips, but I'm putting it on acrylic nails. Even OPI chips and wears off at the tips after a few days.

It won't damage your nails like a gel mani - it's just a longer-lasting regular nail polish. In my area I can only buy it at one beauty supply or from my nail tech.

Honored Contributor
On 9/13/2014 okiebug said:
On 9/13/2014 FUTURE said: Hi, Shelbelle! I've never used vinylux. Do you really like it? Does it damage your nails? I love gel manis, but it does a number on my nails. I would be interested in buying my own to try. Thanks a lot for any info you can give me!

Vinylux isn't a gel polish. It's regular polish that can be taken off with non-acetone remover. You have to use the Vinylux top coat and it cures under regular light within 3-4 minutes. For me it lasts a full 2 weeks without chips, but I'm putting it on acrylic nails. Even OPI chips and wears off at the tips after a few days.

It won't damage your nails like a gel mani - it's just a longer-lasting regular nail polish. In my area I can only buy it at one beauty supply or from my nail tech.

Correct, uses no base coat, just 2 coats of V color then V top coat, not a gel, just remove with regular polish remover. If used properly it is supposed to be no chips for 7 days.

Honored Contributor
On 9/13/2014 Shelbelle said:
On 9/13/2014 okiebug said:

Correct, uses no base coat, just 2 coats of V color then V top coat, not a gel, just remove with regular polish remover. If used properly is is supposed to be no chips for 7 days.

I love the Vinyux polish, I also have wraps and it lasts for almost three weeks, I was in and out of the pool and covers with sunscreen all Summer and the polish did not fade or change color

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor
Awesome! Thanks for all of the info, ladies!!
Respected Contributor

Hi Shel! My salon does not charge any extra for a Vinylux mani.