Respected Contributor

The Cult of Edward Bess is now forming.....

I ordered last Friday and my haul came yesterday: I tried it this morning and I am awe struck! Let's start with the concealer: this is highly concentrated. If I say a little goes a long way, that's an understatement. I chose to use the brush that comes with it and I am glad I did, because even lightly dabbed on a finger tip, that would have been too much. It went on like cream, and I used it as a primer on my eye lids-excellent decision. It made them appear smooth. The foundation??? I have never experienced anything like it....It is full coverage and seems to take care of redness and discoloration. I bought both color palettes and I applied the berry which is gorgeous: I am fair completed, and I look like an English Rose! It is natural, but polished. I think the best way I can describe it is if you look at pictures of women in Town and Country, they exude understated wealth and polish..... Here is hoping that Mr. Bess finds a permanent home on QVC. On his next visit, I am hoping to get his eye pencils and hair care. Poodlepet
Super Contributor

Re: The Cult of Edward Bess is now forming.....

So glad you are loving the new products. I have and like a couple of lip sticks/glosses and I think I have a bronzer of his that I like but everything else is sort of lack luster for me. I did not like the cream foundation or the mascara.

Respected Contributor

Lovely thread!

I, too, enjoy his products and my skin looks flawless with his products.Smile There is a learning curve with his foundation and concealer....less is more.

Respected Contributor

I'm on the fence about ordering the concealor. When I watched Lisa present it, I got the vibe that it wasn't her fave. Not that it matters, but it just got me wondering why. When Edward asked her how she applies it- fingers or brush, she said I don't know, it depends. That wasn't a Lisa answer. She's normally quick to explain what she does.

That being said, after that + reading the reviews, I wasn't sure. I'm still considering it, though. Wink

Super Contributor

poodlepet thanks for starting this thread, let me say first and foremost because I was treated for eye cancer I tend to stick with what I know will not cause the eye that treated to react by redness, swelling, etc. I have used BE bisque as my concealer for years. There was something about this product that made me say what the hay let's try the concealer. I figured if it made my eye react I could return it. I bought the lightest shade and I am in love with this product. I will continue to use bisque for day and this for the evening. You are correct a little goes a long way. I am thinking of trying his black sea cream.

Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone received his Black Sea Eye Defining Enhancing Duo eyeliners? A255160. Currently shows unavailable with no reviews. I'd greatly appreciate any comments as I have this on wait list. I'm especially interested in knowing if it's the 'softer' black that was discussed in his presentation. Much thanks!
Respected Contributor

Have the Concealer - and LOVE it! So easy to use - and so true - a little goes a long way! It covers everything - and does not look 'heavy'. Lasts all day. Sometimes I use it as my Foundation. I apply it with either the Brush - or a Sponge.

Great Product!

Honored Contributor

Cult ??

Respected Contributor

I think the OP was just kidding. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I don't use Edward Bess' products, but his hair is just gorgeous.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

Cult? Why, yes! We have the Cult of Wen....the Cult of BE..... the Cult of Philosophy.... Poodlepet