Occasional Contributor

What happened to the Alterna TSV? I haven't seen it presented since this morning.

Trusted Contributor
I think they ended presentations after the 12 noon presentation. Leads me to think sales weren't very strong.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Respected Contributor
I thought the same thing. I bought it. I don't think they gave it a chance to be honest.
Honored Contributor

I love Alterna shampoo, and the TSV was a great buy. I don't understand why it wouldn't have sold well. I've never seen them not show a TSV all day long.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor
On 9/13/2014 NickNack said:

I love Alterna shampoo, and the TSV was a great buy. I don't understand why it wouldn't have sold well. I've never seen them not show a TSV all day long.

I remember one Kate Somerville TSV that was pulled around noon or so. It had her tan towels and something else, but I can't remember what that was.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Honored Contributor

well that is kind of sad actually. But QVC is a business so if it isn't selling well, they aren't going to waste their time (time =$$) presenting it over and over. On one of the recordings I watched it said they had sold 2500 so far (not in the show but up until that point). That is such a small amount and it was not the very first presentation. I don't think I've ever seen them stop a tsv presentation unless it was sold out.

Respected Contributor

I've tried several Alterna formulas, & man, my head/hair hated every single one of them. Last year around Christmas time, I tried their "Daily Detoxifying Shampoo". Oh my....my scalp didn't recover for several months. After 1 use, anywhere the shampoo touched was as dry as toast. The skin behind my ears even peeled. My scalp peeled. I've never in my life had a flaky scalp.

I had to buy an expensive scalp oil to remedy the problem, because I couldn't rebalance my skin. I HATE Alterna products. And like I said, I've tried several. But after the detoxifying shampoo, I won't be trying any others.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Trusted Contributor
In the final presentation, they showed sales of just under 10,000 which really isn't that bad considering it's a new product brand launch on the Q. They may not have brought in as large a quantity since it is essentially a new line.
Respected Contributor

I was wanting to try Alterna and was wanting a tsv but since I have very very long hair that I wear in a pony tail I do not need a volumizing shampoo. I can use a thickening shampoo or smoothing shampoo.

Trusted Contributor
On 9/13/2014 wackers said: In the final presentation, they showed sales of just under 10,000 which really isn't that bad considering it's a new product brand launch on the Q. They may not have brought in as large a quantity since it is essentially a new line.

QVC has been selling Alterna for quite a while. This was the first TSV.