Frequent Contributor

MALLY'S NEW FLUID FOUNDATION

Anyone have any ideas or opinions on Mally's new foundation product A252447?

Saw her last night, sounds great........ but I refuse to buy YET ANOTHER foundation that doesn't work on my skin. I'm 67, I think have great skin and yes I have some wrinkles. I just hate that pasty look most foundations leave. Appreciate any comments or suggestions Ladies.....thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: MALLY'S NEW FLUID FOUNDATION

I think a lot of them these days have brighteners in them. I got the last Mally TSV with the compact foundation (it's liquid on a sponge.) I got light which I normally wear, and I swear I could have gone darker. The limited shades here make it hard to find one that doesn't make you look washed out.

One think I liked about Estee Lauder foundations is that they had a plethora of color choices and one usually was absolutely perfect. But I find them all a bit greasy.

Frequent Contributor

Dear Campion,

thank you for your response and yes that is yet another issue.....thankfully I solved that some time back. I am a fair but 99% of the time I go with LIGHT..... eventho there have been times I should have 'upped it' to medium. So now you see why I don't want to spend $40+ on something I end up using, much against my will, trying to alter it so it looks okay. I just read a beautiful comment by a young woman that praised Mally for her contributions to the beauty industry.

Super Contributor

The best part of getting it from the Q is that you can use it for 30 days---then send it back if it doesn't work.

I just got a sample of the Dior STAR foundation (brand new) at Macy's---and that is nice. i also got one of the new Estee Lauder Perfection Serum foundation and I like that very much.

So far though, I still think the EL Invisible Fluid is my favorite.

Respected Contributor

I too got this when it was her last TSV and is one of my all time favorite foundation. I have mature dry skin and hate a cakey or powdery look or anything that shows up fine lines/wrinkles. This does not do that for me nor does the new BE future TSV for the 15 th.

Both are very different though. Mally covers a bit more than the new BE bareskin foundation which is just a bit more than a TM. Mally is a tad more matte than the new BE bareskin and will give me a perfect flawless look. I really love both and went on AD for both kits. These 2 are all I use.

In the last TSV Mally kit I love and use everything in the kit(eye shadow is a tad shimmery for me so I use the BE shadow in the upcoming TSV, 15 th shadow) but other than that I use and love everything in the Mally TSV kit, her lipstick, great neutral natural color, volumizing mascara, a favorite of mine, love the new every color eye lining pencil in navy/black and LOVE that little pot for under the eye area when I don't get enough sleep. I paid $54.98 for her last TSV so think that was a very good deal and glad I went on AD for it.

As for this new Mally foundation. the sponge will give more coverage than the brush but I prefer the brush. If I liked the sponge application better I would pick up a better sponge but I like the brush(is very tiny) and I do also use my real techniques expert face brush for ANY and all liquid foundations as well as this new Mally and the new BE bareskin foundation.

I too got light, ordered both light and medium but the medium was too dark for me. I got bare shell in the new BE bareskin foundation. The BE bareskin gives a tad more of a dewy look, almost like a TM but just a bit more coverage while the new liquid Mally in the compact gives me a more matte air brushed finish.

It would be very hard for me to pick one but if I really had to I think maybe the new Mally although you don't get a lot, won't last as long as the new BE but maybe in time, sure am hoping, that Mally will make a refill for this one to fit into the compact, hoping anyway.

Both are buildable but if I were to use too much of the new BE bareskin, yes, that will show up dry patches so I go easy with that one but do like it as well. I use 3 drops of the new BE bareskin which is perfect for me.

so, all in all, I really love this new Mally liquid foundation in the compact using a brush, either the tiny one that comes with it or a Real Techniques expert face brush which is my preference, Ulta is where I got mine.

Super Contributor

You should probably get to your nearest Sephora and pick 3 or 4 foundations and ask for them to make samples. It's a wonderful service, they always give you plenty to try at least twice.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Respected Contributor

I couldn't have said it better myself! Sample first, buy second!

Respected Contributor

this is what I had to do with the new BE bareskin, go to Ulta or I for sure would have ordered bare linen which isn't for me at all once trying shades at Ulta. The sales clerk said either bare shell and second bare natural would be my best color after trying several on my jaw line, back or my hands and the back of both wrists. Bare linen looked really bad on me, made me look jaundiced, not a nice look but bare shell is perfect in BE and Light is perfect for me in this newer Mally liquid foundation in the compact.

For the Mally I just took a chance and ordered both Light and Medium since it was a TSV and I didn't have time to go and check out colors, had to send the medium back but light is perfect for me thank goodness since I do love it.

Esteemed Contributor

Gerri, I purchased Mally's last TSV with her new liquid foundation. This is the best kit I've ever bought. This foundation is superior for mature skin. It's true that is has time released moisture and stays looking good all day. I got the medium, which I usually get, and it was perfect for me. It's got good coverage but does not look heavy or cakey. It's really fresh looking and a gift to mature skins.

Everything in this kit was great and what a buy! I wear it all now: brightener, eyeliner, lipstick, cream shadow, mascara, beautiful brush and even a pencil sharpener to go with it, and all for $59.00!!! Now that Mally sees how popular this sold out kit and her new foundation was, you won't see another kit like this.

Yes, her foundation is worth it!

Honored Contributor

best foundation I have ever used-one of the best-I should say-covers without using a lot-does not get stuck in pores like the new bare minerals one and leaves skin looking virtually flawless...........

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT