Super Contributor

What is the MOST MOISTURIZING FACIAL CLEANSER ???????

I have really dry skin and I need a facial cleanser that does not strip skin.

Right now I am using Ponds cold cream for dry skin as my facial cleanser to remove my makeup.

I do have a cleansing balm from target and one from REN that I got from sephora and I just don't love these cleansing balms that you have to emulsify in your hands. But if I don't use my ponds they are the best alternate I have found.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: What is the MOST MOISTURIZING FACIAL CLEANSER ???????

Purity is the only cleanser that does not leave my skin feeling dry or tight. Melts away all make up easily, especially washable mascara which a lot of cleansers don't. I have tried many and love the convenience of the 32 oz. bottle by the sink.

Super Contributor

Purity is the worst cleanser I have ever used on my dry skin. It's stripped every bit of moisture out of it and really aged my eye area. My preferred cleanser is Fresh soy cleanser in the tube. When I want to splurge, I use Cle de Peau cleansing cream or Sisley Cleansing Milk. BTW ... haven't tried it, but that TATCHA cleansing system looks pretty good for dry skin.

Super Contributor

I am hoping to get many suggestions and opinions, some of which I may have already tried.

I appreciate all input!

I have tried purity and loved that it removed all makeup with ease but it really dried out my skin.

my skin is really dry and sensitive too.

Esteemed Contributor

Another vote for Purity here. I find it very gentle and moisturizing. It is available in a small size at Philosophy retail counters so you could try it without making a huge investment. Purity has been available in an oil version for a couple of years if you're interested. It completely removes makeup and rinses clean with no oily residue. Those with combination-to- oily skin (like me) might want to follow up with a wash using regular Purity, but those with dry skin can go right to their moisturizers.

If Philosophy doesn't float your boat and you want to stay under $20 try Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Hydrating Cleanser. In the over $20 category my non Philosophy suggestion would be Fresh Foam Rose Cleanser ($38); Eve Lom ($50) which is a balm like cleanser. For something similar to Eve Lom Josie Maran has an argan oil version called Argan Cleansing Treatment but it's $50 also. Perhaps QVC has Josie's at a better price alone or in a set.

Please don't forget to exfoliate. Exfoliation is necessary for all skintypes in order for our skincare to work better.

Super Contributor

Purity left my skin tight as well although I loved how it removed makeup. Right now I am using Alpha Hydrox Facial Cleanser and it is PH balanced but it also leaves my skin begging for moisturizer. I hope you get a lot of suggestions as I need them as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Purity has always been good for me, leaving my skin not feeling tight. I also use Bliss, which is not as good as Purity for me.

My mom used Ponds to remove her makeup and cleanse all of her life. She had beautiful skin.

Frequent Contributor

Skinn PM cleanser , very creamy !!!!

Frequent Contributor

Neutragena ultra gentle hydrating cleanser. I hadn't used drug store for years but tried this and like it. My skin isn't extremely dry but this cleanser is free of fragrance, parabens, etc. It leaves my skin feeling nice.
Valued Contributor

Another vote for SKINN PM Cleanser! My skin is very sensitive to most cleansers and is easily left tight and dry even though my skin is normal. The PM cleanser not only removes every bit of my make up without scrubbing ( it melts it off) but leaves my skin clean and very soft . I try other cleansers but always come back to this. It is a very special one and worth the money.