Honored Contributor

I was on Sephora's website, looking at Bobbi Brown's Smokey Nude Palette and her Nude On Nude one. I was considering purchasing one of them. Yhe SNP has 8 eyeshadows and the NON has 12 shadows, both are $65. I'm wondering what the differences are between the two? I usually don't do a smokey eye, not really sure how to do it without looking ridiculous! Does anyone have either or both of these palettes and can give me their opinions?TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown Nude Palettes

I have not owned either of these two palettes. I have owned another brown palette of Bobbi Brown's and loved it. I used it to the bottom of the pan. It had 4 neutral browns in it.

I've tried re-ordering, but I think it's been discontinued.

I would try her new palette, but think $65 is just to expensive.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't owned either of the BB palettes but I do own another one with eight shades in the brown/nude and love it. I don't think you can go wrong with any of her palettes. If I had to guess I would say that the nude/nude is for a natural look and the smoky nude most likely has some grey or deep tones in the mix. It all depends on what shades you prefer. If price is the deciding factor then I think I would pick the nude on nude. You can always layer or go heavier with the eyeliner if you want something a little different.

Super Contributor

I would maybe guess the one that has more shadows are slightly smaller pans than the smokey nude (which is the newest). Some of the pallets of hers I have that's true - the ones w/ "more" colors are smaller. For me I'd base my decision on which one has fewer of the "sparkle" shadows. While the colors are pretty, I've found in my experience the sparkle shadows have little to no color payoff and end up just depositing sparklies on my cheeks where I don't want them!

Esteemed Contributor

The Nude on Nude being sold at Sephora and other BB store counters is a compilation of select colors from the The Smokey, Sand, and Sandy Nude palettes (all of which have 8 shades). You can create similar eye looks using the Smokey, Sand (warm nudes), or Sandy (cool nudes) palettes, but if I were advising on a purchase I would go for the Nude on Nude. I wanted Sand and Sandy, but my wiser mind wouldn't allow me to spend $130 on two palettes which side-by-side were so similar. As for Smokey, the deep charcoal is the only shade for which there isn't something very similar in Nude on Nude.