Contributor

KISS Instawave Automatic Curler

Has anyone used this? Do you like it? Did the curls hold? (Saw at Ulta)

Thanks,

-Chi

Respected Contributor

Re: KISS Instawave Automatic Curler

I saw this at folica and the demo there. It does look super easy, but is new this month so no reviews yet. Hopefully someone has and will speak up!

Frequent Contributor

I saw it and also want to wait for reviews.

I tried that other curl making thing by Conair and it scared me! My hair got caught in it more than once and I was afraid it was going to burn right off. You had to use such a tiny piece of hair in order not to get it tangled in the machine that it just wasn't worth it for me. I returned it.

I wonder what the experience regarding tangling is going to be with the KISS unit.

Respected Contributor

This one doesn't seem to work anything like that one by Conair. This one really does look like it will work well. Go to folica and watch the video there.

Contributor

hi ladies thank you for your replies. Ulta has a video too. The price looked good as well. Only 3 replies at Ulta though.

-Chi

Valued Contributor

I just went to order this from the Insider -- $72+. Description says exclusive to QVC until February 2015. Found what looks identical on Amazon with great reviews for $61.99. Only visible difference is that QVC offers it in pink and purple. I just ordered it for delivery tomorrow! The reviews are great and I'm excited to give it a try.

Frequent Contributor

The one on qvc is a better version. Heats up to 450. Not 420. Shutoff after 60 minutes not 90. Has a dial for temperature and not just high/low heat settings. I ordered mine from the q because of the extended return policy. However target has a sale for $49 if you want to try the old one. It has many 5 star reviews there and at ulta.
Honored Contributor

On 11/12/2014 Lanikins said:

I just went to order this from the Insider -- $72+. Description says exclusive to QVC until February 2015. Found what looks identical on Amazon with great reviews for $61.99. Only visible difference is that QVC offers it in pink and purple. I just ordered it for delivery tomorrow! The reviews are great and I'm excited to give it a try.

review it please, I was debating between the 2

thanks

Respected Contributor

I would like to see what this does on just above shoulder length hair. I've googled but the only thing I did find was that Kiss makes a handle-less hair dryer that seems great for those with African American hair for straightening out, but no reviews by other hair types. I might be interested in that as well, but it only has cold, low and high temps/speeds. The videos are good for straightening but none using a round brush. I too will wait. I would also go for the Insta-Curl on Q due to the flex pays, the return policy, and the temp control for my fine hair.

Frequent Contributor

Just got my instawave!!! I've been watching videos of the older one and it is really cool to use. It does take some time to figure out where to place it, the angle, and direction button to press. Definitely gave me some really nice curls though. This newer curler came in a really nice packaging which is a step up from the clear plastic box of the older one. I got the purple color. It's really pretty. The temperature dial is great and they seemed to fix the weird sound that some people said the old one used to make. It heats up super fast too and let's you know when your curls are done. I'm excited to keep using it