Respected Contributor

Stressful Morning At The Hairdressser

I went to this new hairdresser 8 weeks ago and loved the haircut she gave me . She was in no hurry took her time and I left very happy. I made an appointment for 8 weeks to have a trim. Well I went to her today and my haircut was fine but she was constantly leaving me to help with a perm, them another hairdresser said they were all on Facebook so she again left me to go see the Facebook page and then she had to find a gel to put in my hair and that took forever. And she is the owner! Boy talk about being unprofessional. I guess I will be looking for another hairdresser. I could of left much earlier if she just concentrated on my hair. I hope I don't sound harsh but I never had a hairdresser keep leaving to do other things.

Respected Contributor

Re: Stressful Morning At The Hairdressser

I have no problem with the hairdresser checking on a perm or color job. She can't just dedicate a full hour to them, she'd be sitting around doing nothing when she could be earning money. When I used to get things other than cuts the hairdresser would leave the person in the chair (if it was just a cut) to check on me.

The Facebook thing is odd, and rude though.

If I liked the way my hair was cut there I would keep going.

Trusted Contributor

Well.......if she is the shop owner she probably is called upon from time to time to advise stylists working under her. Maybe it took her a minute to locate the right gel for your hair.

Personally, I'd say you have a lot to be thankful for if she provides an excellent cut and style! Not always easy to find a proficient stylist.

Esteemed Contributor

If it were me, and I really like how she did my hair, I would be tempted to give her another chance. But I would be sure to tell her that I was unhappy with the previous experience and why. If she did not apologize or treated me poorly again, then I would look elsewhere.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

On 9/9/2014 Puppy Lips said:

If it were me, and I really like how she did my hair, I would be tempted to give her another chance. But I would be sure to tell her that I was unhappy with the previous experience and why. If she did not apologize or treated me poorly again, then I would look elsewhere.

Hi Puppy Lips:

I agree with your suggestion that if she treated the OP poorly a second time that she should not go back there again but if I were that hairdresser and you asked me for an apology for attending to my other responsibilities while helping you I'd show you to the door, wet head and all. {#emotions_dlg.w00t} The FB issue is another thing but in all probability, that won't happen a second time.

Maria

Honored Contributor

Is it possible that the other stylists were on Facebook, looking at hairstyles or coloring techniques? My DD often shares pictures of her work on Facebook and also saves pictures of styles. If the stylist were looking at something like that and consulting the shop owner, I could forgive that. If the Facebook thing wasn't work related, I'd be annoyed too.

Don't throw in the towel just yet, though. Tell the stylist how neglected and frustrated you felt. If she's a professional, she'll apologize and it won't happen again.

Honored Contributor

Geez, yeah, I'd find a new person too.

Honored Contributor

I don't go to the hairdresser for the service alone, I go to relax and be pampered for my half hour or so. I would not tolerate a hairdresser who did not give me her undivided attention, there are too many hairdressers out there who can give a great hair cut.

Respected Contributor

I have a problem also with my hairdresser. I have gone to her for four years and have loved all that she had done up to four months ago. She colors/washes/blows my hair out and it looks fine UNTIL I start to style it the next day. Honestly, it looks like I did not have a haircut, top is way too long and flat. I have called her and told her I needed to come back in for a "shape up". She is always apologetic and fixed my hair but I have to make another trip. Also with my color I told her it was all faded away but she said it would be fine until next time. Ugghhh!!!!! She has just learned that she is pregnant and told me that she will try to "do" me for the next two cuts/color and then go on maternity leave and be back in six weeks. She also stated that her customers would have to adjust to her new schedule with darling baby, and she hoped they would not bail on her. Well I want to bail now LOL. What should I do?

Honored Contributor

If she's the shop owner, it's her job to assist the hair stylists, especially with chemical treatments and color. Experienced stylists frequently do that. What's the problem with her going to look for a hair care product for you. She had to look for it. If she just whistled for it to come to her...that probably wouldn't have worked. The FB issue is another matter, it wouldn't have bothered me if it happened once. They aren't robots, they are a group of co-workers and you expect some socializing on the job. If the hee hee ha ha ha was a regular occurence....that would bother me but if I loved the way she did my hair, it's a problem I could learn to live with. It sounds like a normal hair salon to me. I would give the shop another chance and if you still aren't happy, find another hair salon.