Frequent Contributor

Dry Shampoo when not washing hair? Shower cap to keep hair dry in shower?

Hi everyone.

When you decide to not wash your hair, and you are still going to take a shower. How do you wear your hair to keep it dry or to not ruin it? Shower cap, just pull hair back w/ pony tail, or hair clips, or do you use a towel on your hair like a turban? How do you keep it looking ok with out getting all wet?

Also, when you are on a day that you do not wash your hair. Do you use Dry Shampoo? How does everyone keep from their hair looking oily or greasy?

Thanks for your responses. God Bless You All.

Super Contributor

Re: Dry Shampoo when not washing hair? Shower cap to keep hair dry in shower?

I use the Tassi elastic/terry headband to get all of the hair off my face then put a shower cap over that so when I wash my face none of my hair gets wet. (I also use the Tassi after work while I'm removing my makeup, again so my hair doesn't get wet.)

While I wash my hair twice weekly, it doesn't get oily until the last day. Even then only the scalp feels oily, my hair doesn't look it. I've got enough friends, co-workers & DH who would tell me if it did!

I do have dry shampoo but I admit I never really got the hang of it. I follow directions but it never really 'absorbs' the oil like it says it's going to. Hence the reason I wash it twice weekly and not less!! I don't like my red haircolor going down the drain!!!

Honored Contributor

I put my hair up in a bun. I can't even imagine having to wash my hair every time I shower. I've never used dry shampoo so I can't comment on that.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I always use a shower cap, in fact during the coldest days of Winter I have seen my other half borrow it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

I wash my hair daily. Always have. Between styling products, natural oil build-up and "bed head," there is no salvaging a day without washing and restyling, unless I'm not going anywhere. Plus I just can't wake up completely!
Super Contributor

I also have to wash every day. There have been instances where I haven't wanted to get my hair wet in the shower ( an extra shower during the day), but it lays gets damp. I also use styling products and feel the need to get them out! I do like dry shampoo for a little texture and oomph tho, even on clen hair. I just spray around the roots. Love not your mothers brand.
Honored Contributor

I try to avoid getting my hair wet. Inevitably I am unsuccessful so I dry it off with a microfiber towel as I have very curly hair.
Trusted Contributor

I use a shower cap. I am not tall enough to avoid the stream of water.
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Trusted Contributor

I use a shower cap on the days when I'm not washing my hair. Sometimes I use Batiste dry shampoo when I want to freshen up. I've tried several dry shampoos and this is the only one that works for me.

Super Contributor

I wash my hair every three days. In between, I always pull my hair back in a headband and put on a shower cap. I just don't have the time to wash my hair every day, nor does it need it.