Trusted Contributor
All the hosts have done such a lovely job speaking of Joan Rivers and how much she will be missed ~ I also find it quite touching that I'm seeing some of Joan's pieces being worn today by hosts and guests ~ very special!
New Contributor

Agree. Nice to see that some of the hosts are in mourning black and also wearing Joan's pieces. Very respectful to this great lady.

Valued Contributor

Irish1210, ITA. It is a sad day at the Q for all who worked with Joan and loved her. A few days ago, I had DH print out the cutest photo of Joan with Spike which I have next to the computer. Thanks for posting. It helps us all with the grieving process. ~Peach

Respected Contributor

I saw the E True Hollywood story about her last night. She was one tuff lady (I say that as the highest compliment).

I didn't realize she was so depressed after her husbands death that she contemplated suicide. She said she had the gun in her lap, & was going over things in her head. Right at that point Spike jumped up & laid on top of the gun. It changed her train of thought. She said to Spike, "who's going to take care of you? You're scraggly, & you have no teeth. YOU NEED ME."

It was a wonderful special. I so admired her drive & energy. Joan, you were/are THE BEST.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

It must have been so hard for Jane to pay tribute on air....she did a beautiful job. Jill was very subdued, & I could tell she'd been crying earlier. I certainly understand why the hosts who knew Joan for so many years couldn't talk about her passing.

Trusted Contributor
goldenretriever ~ I can't believe you referenced that portion of last night's E True Hollywood story...........it was the exact moment I tuned in!! Was sorry I missed the first few minutes ~ hope to catch the program again as I found it very interesting ~
Respected Contributor
On 9/5/2014 Irish1210 said: goldenretriever ~ I can't believe you referenced that portion of last night's E True Hollywood story...........it was the exact moment I tuned in!! Was sorry I missed the first few minutes ~ hope to catch the program again as I found it very interesting ~

It was such an excellent special. Joan was a fighter, & I admired that about her.

Honored Contributor

Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin did a great special on Joan last night on CNN. Hope it gets repeated.

Honored Contributor

wrong thread. sorry. I posted a complaint about an item being sold and related to Joan, but wow was THAT thread poofed in a hurry. I always thought Joan was just tops!

Respected Contributor

I noticed that a mourner on one of the other sites was remembering Joan Rivers by planting a tree in Israel. If not that, maybe the best thing you could do to pay her tribute is to support Israel.