Super Contributor

Remembering wonderful Joan and her lovely hands. If you watch old clips she always had those beautiful hands. I think they were natural!

CNN reported that Melissa had her hair and nails done for her today in preparation for burial. As she would have wished. I'm sure she'll be wearing some great jewelry too. I hope there is a red carpet in Heaven.

Here's Joan on Carol Burnett with those soft, elegant hands. http://ftvlive.com/todays-news/2014/9/3/former-cnn-anchor-is-dead

Super Contributor

Re: Joan had beautiful hands

So did Kathy Levine -- but Joan was right there with her.

Super Contributor

Knowing Joan, I am sure she went the route of Hand Rejuvenation...it is quite common today. They use fillers and such to plump up the skin on the back of the hands. Nothing wrong with it and Joan could afford it.
Esteemed Contributor

I loved her hand lotion. It was my all-time favorite. I was very disappointed when I couldn't get it anymore.

Super Contributor

Thank you for sharing this. I always admired Joan's hands. May she RIP.

Valued Contributor

I too am upset and saddened by the loss of Joan. Even though you kind of know in the back of your mind she might not make it, it still came as a shock to lose her. I also read that Melissa had the room professionally decorated with flowers and bows, and that she was resting under a Dennis Basso faux white mink blanket. She also was fully made up and they had a tape of the soundtrack from Oklahoma playing in the room. That brought me to tears. I guess they needed her more in heaven than here. There was no one else like her. So sad!

Respected Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Wsmom said:

I loved her hand lotion. It was my all-time favorite. I was very disappointed when I couldn't get it anymore.

I loved and used her hand product as long as I could get it, really liked this.

Respected Contributor

Her nail polish was supposed to be VERY good. I never used it--I mostly go natural because my dogs get my hands dirty and I chip my polish as a result. But she was very insistent that well-groomed hands (well-grooomed everything) was a key to looking good.

She also had strong opinions on how long your necklaces and pendants should be if you have a large chest. A lot of us older gals do--comes with the post menopause changes, exercise or not. She often gave very good fashion advice and I WILL MISS HER!

Super Contributor

Her hands were beautiful, no matter how,they got that way. I remember her saying to take care on how you look, you'll feel better about yourself. She was an inspiration in many ways and will be very much missed,
Super Contributor

Beautiful hands young and when she was old she got fat injections (nothing wrong with that), She always took very good care of herself!