Super Contributor

OT Breaking: Joan Rivers passed away. :-(

Sorry if this has been posted, but I think they just announced it on the networks.

Respected Contributor

Re: OT Breaking: Joan Rivers passed away. :-(

I'm very sorry for those that love her. It is a hard thing to have to go through.

Frequent Contributor

I am so sorry to hear this.

RIP , Joan.

Respected Contributor

RIP Joan Rivers. Live in peace, Melissa and Cooper. You all did your best.

Super Contributor

On 9/4/2014 Dusty1 said:

I'm very sorry for those that love her. It is a hard thing to have to go through.

ETA: Just received the news email from CNN:

Comedian Joan Rivers has died at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, according to her daughter, Melissa Rivers. She was 81. "It is with great sadness that I announce the death of my mother, Joan Rivers," Melissa Rivers said in a prepared statement. "She passed peacefully at 1:17 p.m. surrounded by family and close friends."

Honored Contributor

Been such a fan for so many years. God Bless Joan and all who love her.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I'm sorry to hear this...just saw it on MSN. Joan has been around ever since I can remember! She was such a presence, and will be missed.

New Contributor

I think Jackie (model) knows; she wasn't smiling. Maybe they don't want to tell Leah and Susan while they're on, but come on, already......

I'm old enough to remember her whole tv career from Johnny to now, and always liked her. She has a small part in "The Swimmer" (1967), where you can see how she was quite attractive with her (almost) original face.

Especially thinking of the early days on the Q with Kathy Levine when they were a lot more serious, but eventually the humor kicked in. Have so much of her jewelry and clothing, as most of us do.

It won't be the same for us old-time Q people.....Shalom, Joan. You're with Spike and all your other beloved ones.

Honored Contributor

I'm so saddened to hear this. I was hoping she would get through this. I hope Melissa and Cooper have friends and family to lean on. R.I.P. Joan.
Super Contributor

On 9/4/2014 vermint said:

I'm sorry to hear this...just saw it on MSN. Joan has been around ever since I can remember! She was such a presence, and will be missed.

CNN is doing a piece on her right now.