Respected Contributor

O/T anyone have a Fitbit Zip?

Thinking of getting one but would like some reviews first. Does anyone have one and how do you like it? Thanks.
Valued Contributor

Re: O/T anyone have a Fitbit Zip?

Same here, have you posted in health and fitness?
Super Contributor

Love mine!! It really keeps you accountable. I want that darn thing to always smile at me!
Respected Contributor

On 9/3/2014 TeachRsPet said: Love mine!! It really keeps you accountable. I want that darn thing to always smile at me!
Think you so much!
Honored Contributor

I do have the Zip, am happy with it except for one thing, the darn thing seems to be really hard on batteries...maybe I got a bad unit, but I have to replace the battery about every 6 weeks. I love that I can clip it on my pants pocket and with a top over it, no one knows its there but me. I can easily check it throughout the day to see my progress and I like that too. On my way out the door now to do my daily 2.5 mile walk. Good luck on your decision.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I have the Flex, I like mine. It works fine and I only have to charge it about once a week.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Just an update on my Zip; I had mentioned on 9/3 that my unit was constantly needing the battery replaced, every 4-6 weeks (supposed to last 6 months). I had also previously contacted FitBit CS about the fact that it wasn't accurately tracking my steps (would be different from one day to the next, even when I walked the very same route, by several hundred steps), well, about 2 weeks ago I had to replace the battery again and once I had done that, it would not come on, at all. I contacted CS again and have been back & forth with them a couple times. BTW, I bought my unit from Amazon. Anyway, as of this morning, FitBit is replacing my unit, free of charge/no shipping either. They just said to properly dispose of my old unit once my new one arrives. All I had to do was to email them the screenshot of my receipt from Amazon. Now that is great customer service, IMO. I will be happy to get the new unit and hopefully will have no further issues. I really liked my little Zip and it helps me keep motivated to move.

Super Contributor

I don't understand the need for these. I walk 3 miles every morning & received a free gadget at a health fair that tells me the distance & steps walked. I have lost 10 pounds since May & going for the last 10.

Honored Contributor

For me, it's just a fun thing to watch my progress throughout the day. Congrats Amaly, on your weightloss. I also have lost some weight since May, about 15 pounds with 2-10 to go.

Super Contributor

I think it is great if you really want to keep tract of your progress, i.e., competing or training, but I only use a pedometer to gauge mileage when I walk each day. I am not competing or training, just want to get the miles in.

No need for me to gauge my calorie intake, either, or the amount of time I'm at rest, etc. I actually know when I am resting too long and then decide if I want to move. hahahaha