Respected Contributor

I always end up LOVING only one or two colors in a palette of ten lol..and they sucker me in as I can't get those colors individually!

Be it any brand..dept store..mart store etc.

I end up with two colors used to the last drop and eight new ones left that I just don't like!

Respected Contributor

I'm the same way and it wastes a lot of money to just use a couple colors and the rest goes in the trash.

I don't buy those palettes anymore.

Respected Contributor

That is one of the many reasons that I love Mac. I can make my own palette.

Frequent Contributor

I try not to buy them any more just for that reason. Once in a while I still get suckered in.. but I've been much better lately avoiding them.

Respected Contributor

I was the same way. I rarely buy palettes anymore unless it only has two colors in it.

Honored Contributor

I don't buy palettes unless I will use most of the colors because otherwise it is a waste of money. The only one I have that I only use a few colors is one of the Mally palettes and I now regret buying it but since it was part of a kit, I don't feel like I wasted too much money. But there are definitely palettes I want so bad because of a few colors that look amazing but I just pass. But there are some palettes that I LOVE and use every color but one. They are worth every penny!

Super Contributor

That's why I don't even bother looking at them ... would never buy it.

Honored Contributor

I am definitely paletted out. Been there, done that. No more for me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I've gotten better with my palette addiction. A lot of them now are starting to look the same. The palettes I do have I love and use the majority or all the colors. A lot of my larger palettes and ones I just wasn't buy anymore I passed on to friends and family members. If you can try to go to Sephora, Ulta, makeup counter, etc and swatch a palette before you buy it. That has helped me a lot with palettes that I wanted. Also keep your receipt if you do buy, get it home, play around with it and you don't love it.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I agree. Even worse, for me to buy the 4 colors I always use from the Urban Decay Naked palette and create my own 4-pan palette, it would cost $72 for the shadows and another $10 for the palette. The entire Naked palette is $54 and all the shadows in it are full size. So when I run out of my favorite colors, I save $31 by creating a lot of waste. Drives me crazy.