Regular Contributor

waterproof eye makeup remover

Hi everyone !

In the market for a GOOD, thorough waterproof eye makeup remover. I will be using waterproof soon, and I am new to that. Currently I use Philosophy Purity. Is that a good choice for this purpose?

Super Contributor

Re: waterproof eye makeup remover

Without making a purchase, coconut oil, olive oil, baby oil even canola oil.

Super Contributor

I just use Jojoba oil for anything that is hard to remove - and it works very well. I put a few drops of it on my finger tips and gently work it along my lashes for a few seconds then wash it all away. Its so gentle that it doesn't even sting your eyes if you get it in them.

I got it for $6 or $7 at trader joes - it does so much.

Regular Contributor

You both mentioned oil products. I wonder then, if Maracujah oil by Tarte would work. I already have that on hand. What do you beauties think? Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I personally hate taking my makeup off in the sink (always gets everywhere). I prefer makeup wipes. CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Sephora, Ulta, Aveeno, Olay Neutrogena brands all work fine. If your looking for more higher end with better skincare ingredients look for tarte, josie maran, philosophy, ole henriksen, estee lauder, etc.

Honored Contributor

Coconut oil. I like using it it in its' solid state and just use a tiny tiny amount with a cotton pad. Works awesome and never any issues with eye irritation or oily eyes like baby oil can do, lol. I think it also helps condition my lashes in the process.

Valued Contributor

On 9/2/2014 Merciful One said:

You both mentioned oil products. I wonder then, if Maracujah oil by Tarte would work. I already have that on hand. What do you beauties think? Smiley Happy

Most likely! they do have makeup wipes with the maracuja oil. available at sephora.

Super Contributor

The Body Shop has two Chamomile eye makeup removers (one is for regular eye makeup and one is for waterproof). I use both. They are gentle and last a long time.

I take two Q-tips (one for each eye) and go over my lashes (with eyes closed) with the waterproof remover. Then I use a cotton pad saturated with the regular eye makeup remover and go over both eyes.

The Body Shop often has Buy Two, Get Two Free offers and sometimes Buy Three, Get Three Free. I always stock up during these promotions.

Honored Contributor

On 9/2/2014 Merciful One said:

doesn't hurt to try it!

Trusted Contributor

Baby oil on a tissue. I've been removing eye makeup this way for 34 years.