Honored Contributor

Finally used my last Shu Uemura Eyelash curler- any recommendations for a new one?

I LOVE that curler- fits my almond shaped eyes perfectly- but I can no longer use that brand.

Does anyone have a curler they love and would recommend that is from a cruelty-free brand?

TIA!

Super Contributor

Re: Finally used my last Shu Uemura Eyelash curler- any recommendations for a new one?

I'm looking for a new one myself. Was yours one of the heated ones that I hear about?

I'm embarrassed to say I still have my dimestore Revlon from years ago. I just keep putting on replacement rubber thingies.

{#emotions_dlg.blushing}{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

I've been looking at the Japonesque & Laura Mercier style ones. Maybe someone here has more info on these or better ones.

Honored Contributor

Re: Finally used my last Shu Uemura Eyelash curler- any recommendations for a new one?

On 9/1/2014 F1wild said:

I'm looking for a new one myself. Was yours one of the heated ones that I hear about?

I'm embarrassed to say I still have my dimestore Revlon from years ago. I just keep putting on replacement rubber thingies.

{#emotions_dlg.blushing}{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

I've been looking at the Japonesque & Laura Mercier style ones. Maybe someone here has more info on these or better ones.

No, I don't like using heated ones- they never did anything for me and I don't like damaging my lashes.

I tried the revlon ones but they didn't quite fit my eyes very well. I had rubber replacements for my Shu one too but after awhile, the actual curler wears out and doesn't curl very well. I think they said to replace the whole mechanism after like 6 months but I didn't replace it until I felt it wasn't squeezing very well anymore, which was more like a year and half to 2 years.

I will look into the japonesque one you mentioned. Thanks!

Super Contributor

Mine never fit my eyes either. I just figured it was me.

Honored Contributor

ugh, I know someone mentioned one that works as well as Shu's but cheaper I think and easier to find but I just can't remember which one it was. grrr.

Frequent Contributor

Shiseido makes a nice curler, and I think someone here on the boards recently mentioned Tweezerman.

But if you must have a Shu, you can still get them from Shu Uemura online www.shuuemura-usa.com

CeeCee

Honored Contributor

On 9/1/2014 F1wild said:

Mine never fit my eyes either. I just figured it was me. Wink

haha, no not you! Different brands have different shapes believe it or not.

I think the one people said was similar to Shu's was Kevyn Aucoin's! I'm seeing good reviews for the Japonesque one too though. And someone said they send you free rubber refills? I will have to check into that.

Super Contributor

The Japonesque GoCurl has pretty good reviews on Amazon and it's only $11. Not bad, but waiting for more info from the experts here.

Respected Contributor

On 9/1/2014 CeeCee said:

Shiseido makes a nice curler, and I think someone here on the boards recently mentioned Tweezerman.

But if you must have a Shu, you can still get them from Shu Uemura online www.shuuemura-usa.com

CeeCee

They are not cruelty free, though. That is the criteria.
Contributor

On 9/1/2014 HappyDaze said:

I LOVE that curler- fits my almond shaped eyes perfectly- but I can no longer use that brand.

Does anyone have a curler they love and would recommend that is from a cruelty-free brand?

TIA!

I love love the Hot Lashes eyelash curler..It is a gold plated curler like the Shu one and you can also get with a small heater base, that heats only the small pad in the curler. It is a 2 pc system. I got the makeup artist kit and like the adaptor instead of batteries. I love this one, Amazon has and also has really good reviews. Keeps my lashes curled super well. I rave about this one alot.~

Regarding cruelty free? eyelash curlers are devices, how does that fit in? Thanks~

Good luck~HTH~