Respected Contributor

HELP! Need Wart Removal on Kids

Daycare has stuck again. We now have warts on both the kids this past month. We have tried OTC meds, the dermatologist, tea tree oil, and apple cider vinegar. The dermatologist's treatment really irritated the kids' skin, 2 and 4, so things like duct tape are a no no. What has worked for you on kids? Thanks for the super help!

Valued Contributor

Re: HELP! Need Wart Removal on Kids

tigriss:

You won't believe this when I tell it to you but all you need to do is rub the wart several times a day with the inside of a banana peel (I know, weird, right)? You can use and reuse the same peel multiple times, storing it inside of a plastic bag between uses. Don't worry if it turns a dark color, it will still work. I changed my peel out every few days or so but after a week or two goes by you should begin to see the wart getting smaller and smaller until eventually it disappears.

While this might be a very non traditional method, it has worked on me twice (once on a wart I had on my elbow for more than 20 years) and once on a small wart I had on my hand as well as working on a few other people I shared this hint with.

Good luck and be sure to come back and let me know if it worked for you...I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Maria

Valued Contributor

I found this for you on Google...

http://www.earthclinic.com/remedies/bananapeel.html

Respected Contributor

Thanks. Sounds great and not horrible on their sensitive skin.

Contributor

Both my kids developed warts on their hands when they were in middle school or so - forget the exact age. We had to continually go back to the dermatologist to have them frozen off and then after that we would have to apply a product called Drysol (It is definitely a drying agent) but it finally worked and they were wart free once and for all. I even got one on my middle finger and the first time the doctor froze it off - it grew back in no time even bigger. I had to go back to have it frozen again and then back with the Drysol - and that did the trick. My understanding is you have to keep the skin area dry - warts thrive in moisture. it's caused by a virus so you just have to hang in there and continue with the treatment. It took a while and sometimes one or two would sneak back during the treatment period but eventually we won the battle. You just have to be patient and follow doctor's orders and keep doing it. When I thought I saw one starting - very small - I could kill it with the Drysol instead of having to go to the doctor.

Valued Contributor

I had warts when I was a teen- it's a virus- sometimes dormant then all of a sudden this ugly cauliflower- that if you pick it- makes more- It was quite embarrassing but Compound W did work. You have to be very careful not to get it on surrounding skin- works like a lot like an acid. I've seen articles that say Banana peels work like the other poster said- I have serious doubts on that but on children that young- hey- give it a go. It's like a bar of soap under the mattress stops leg cramps. If you believe it- will work maybe mind over matter. I'm guessing the other posters read the Peoples Pharmacy articles in the newspapers- they always print odd remedies that supposedly work.

Contributor

My granddaughter had a few on her.Also always had cold sore. Dr .put her on Zantac.A month or so later no warts.And has not had a cold sore.
Honored Contributor

I don't know about children and warts (the childhood plague in Miami is lice!) but what I do know is that if you try the banana thing be careful. I did discover when I had a child, unbeknownst to me, bananas stain like crazy!