Respected Contributor

I've been using it for 2 days. Has anyone else used this for skin tags successfully?

Or ... unsuccessfully ... {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

On thing is pretty obvious, if you get the Compound W on the surrounding skin, it will deaden that skin as well.

Also, the package says, "do NOT apply to moles". Ugh! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Compound W on Skin Tags?

I think people have had success with Duct tape (covering until it falls off).

Honored Contributor

There was recently another thread on skin tags with many responses. What I do is sterilize my sharp cuticle scissors. Then I snip off the tip of the skin tags and then dab on alcohol for a bit. It's worked for me for many years.

Respected Contributor

I dabbed a bit of tea tree oil on a skin tag one day and noticed the next day it was slightly smaller. So, every night I dabbed it daily for about 2 weeks until gone.

I told my doctor and she just looked at me.

Respected Contributor

I have had alot of success. It does not happen over night. Give it a week, and re-apply the W periodically. If you get some on the "good skin", don't worry, it will heal.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Frequent Contributor

My Mother always used Castor Oil for skin tags and I learned that tip from her. Works great - takes awhile but eventually they disappear. Just ""a dab will do it"".

Contributor

I started to dab a little of my prescription retin-A on my tags at night. It caused them to shrink and dry up and then fall off. It works so I have been using it quite successfully.

Super Contributor

I just snip them off with cuticle scissors. The first one stings a little because you don't know what to expect, but then it's not that big a deal. I did it years ago and they haven't come back.
Valued Contributor

I'd have to bathe in compound w or anything else mentioned I have so many- the older I get the more I have. (and a lot of other "things" too) Never a sunworshipper, always had great skin when I was younger - now- skin tags, rosacea, red spots and more (oh my) . I'm beginning to think I have "toad" genes that are just coming to light!! At least I don't have a wart on my nose (yet!{#emotions_dlg.scared})

Valued Contributor

I have not tried it on skin tags but I have been using it on some seborrheic keratosis spots I have and it has been helping.