Honored Contributor

Getting your full(er) brows back with a cool 'eyebrow wig'

Sure worth a try for some. Smile{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Eyebrows go highbrow

8/31/14
Model Anna Reeve, who lost all her hair to alopecia, tries out the eyebrow wig. Photo / Kellie Blizard
Model Anna Reeve, who lost all her hair to alopecia, tries out the eyebrow wig.

A fashion trend has been spawned out of an invention created for alopecia. sufferers.

Eyebrow wigs - made from human hair - went on sale in New Zealand this month, and manufacturers claim they are nearly indistinguishable from the real thing.

Model Anna Reeve, who lost all her hair to alopecia, tries out the eyebrow wig.

Eyebrows are one of our most important facial features.

Not only do they frame our eyes, they also create balance and proportion.

The correct shape and color eyebrows have the ability to make you look younger, refreshed and refine your image.

Having perfectly shaped brows is the ultimate, instant face lift.

'Final Touch Brows' were designed for people who have lost their eyebrows because of illness, medical treatment, alopecia, scars, stress, hormonal changes, or even overeager plucking or tweezing.

This high quality product is made in Australia, and their NZ distributor said they were also popular with women who had "hacked" at their eyebrows in search of the pencil-thin look popularized by the likes of Kate Moss and now couldn't grow them back.

With the bushy eyebrows of supermodel Cara Delevingne in vogue, eyebrow wigs were option.

"Everyone wants good power brows now," she said.

Kiwi model Anna Reeve, who lost her hair as a child due to alopecia, said that the eyebrow wigs looked "really real".

"I haven't had eyebrows since I was 7, so I have no idea where they're meant to sit on the face and putting them on could be difficult."

Reeve wears a wig with a fringe that covers her brows but if she didn't, she said she would consider wearing an eyebrow wig.

"Some people don't like drawing them on because you can wipe your face and it comes off and it also looks quite one-dimensional and fake."

The products have special meaning for 'Final Touch Brows' inventor Danielle Kurukchi.

"I looked into having the eyebrow wigs because I've had a lot of cancer in my own family, and I've seen how women can lose their confidence when they lose their hair and lashes and eyebrows," she said.

"They're not just for anyone that doesn't like the shape of their brows or who wants thicker brows, they are for people who have nothing."

'Final Touch Brows' retails in a kit (one for women and one for men) with adhesive and adhesive remover for $119.

http://finaltouchbrows.com/

Here's another vendor to check out as well:

https://www.eyebrowzstore.com/

Respected Contributor

Re: Getting your full(er) brows back with a cool 'eyebrow wig'

What a great idea, they look very natural!

Honored Contributor

On 9/1/2014 Abrowneyegirl said:

What a great idea, they look very natural!

They really do! 8)

Super Contributor

This is such a great idea for anyone that has lost their brows for medical reasons. Almost makes me want to shave mine off and go with these 'cos my real ones are turning gray! Ugh!!!
Honored Contributor

On 9/1/2014 benzgirl said: This is such a great idea for anyone that has lost their brows for medical reasons. Almost makes me want to shave mine off and go with these 'cos my real ones are turning gray! Ugh!!!

They're for YOU, too.

And problem much cheaper than all of the salon brow waxes, threading, etc., and even the treatments and cosmetic brow products that you use at at home.

Super Contributor

What an amazing product. Has anyone tried these yet?

Respected Contributor

awesome.