Respected Contributor

September Scents and Common Sense - hope for a warm pretty Autumn!

Hi guys! I can wait for Fall because it leads to Winter! Otherwise it would be a wonderful season as far as I'm concerned.

As usual, everyone is welcome and encouraged to come chat. Talk about beauty, fragrance, Q items, B&M stuff, whatever is on your mind. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Re: September Scents and Common Sense - hope for a warm pretty Autumn!

almost happy fall ladies but where did the summer go.

I feel we lost the whole entire summer with DH being having this lymes disease and being either in the hospital, rehab or house bound.

Hope everyone had a better summer than we had.

Last night I knew something was wrong before I went to bed, got up and can't talk, really bad sore throat so both DH and DS just left to go and gt my both dayquil and nyquil, really need that to sleep, didn't sleep at all last night.

pepesmom, hope you love the new BE and in shell, great.

Desi, hope the tornado passed you and all you got was rain, really need rain here but only got a sprinkle.

Happy September everyone.

Valued Contributor

Happy September everyone.

doglover; Sorry you are under the weather. Hopefully you get some much needed sleep. Try to increase your fluid intake.

Desi: Hope the tornado passed and didn't leave any issues behind.

We had rain yesterday and this morning. We did need it, but it interfered with his morning work schedule. Yes, he is working on Labor Day. Grass doesn't take the day off for the holiday.

Animals are well. My big plan for today is to color my hair. I should have done this 2 weeks ago, but I was lazy. Now my roots are around an inch long. And grey.

Respected Contributor

Hi ladies, welcome to September!

We missed the tornado locally which was good.

Doglover, UGH, sorry you caught something. Not too surprising with all the stress, lack of sleep, and being in so many medical facilities. Hope you sleep tonight and feel better soon - keep drinking for the throat.

Pepe's mom, we did get rain last night but the tornado wasn't near us TG. There was one though, guess we do have to watch the warnings they show.

Kind of good your DH has a job today even though it's a holiday. Mine works many holidays too because he deals with places that don't celebrate every time we do and are open. Money for tires and brake-lines!

Respected Contributor

Pepe's mom, my hair also needs coloring but I let it slide due to the rib. Probably going to have to attempt it soon. Hope yours comes out great when you do it. I hate coloring my hair, not sure why.

Respected Contributor

Desi and pepesmom, I think it is going to take a long time to get a routine again. Right now with his PT and doctors appointments we are way off our normal routine and neither of us is really getting much sleep at all.

Desi, so glad the tornado didn't hit and missed you. Rain is always needed here anyway but we hardly got any at all, few sprinkles and we need it.Don't worry about your hair right now, put some shadow over roots, works in a pinch.

pepesmom, did my hair this past Friday thank goodness because I sure wouldn't feel like it now. Today anyone can be glad to have any job at all, around here anyway, very bad job wise local paper is always saying.

I just feel wrung out, sore throat, head cold and weak and tired all over but tonight I started to get my appetite back a bit. Up till late tonight all I wanted for the last 2 days was ice cream, felt good for the throat and didn't want anything hot. DH and DS went out to eat and brought me back ice cream. They also got my NyQuil and DayQuil which should help me sleep tonight hopefully, usually does. They didn't have the liquid dayquil so got the capsules, hope they work as well.

Respected Contributor

Diglover, hope the cold goes away soon. All you need right now. It will be better after the raft of appts are over and just have his PT to drive to.

The tornado did some real damage but not near us TG. No one injured at least as far as I know, although the warning apparently went out 5 minutes after the tornado touched down!

Valued Contributor

doglover: I know you and DH love your usual routine of late nights and sleeping in the morning and early afternoon, but with all that is going on with DH, you may want to consider getting on a schedule that will allow you and DH to sleep at night.

Desi: happy the tornado didn't hit you. I saw some footage on the news, but wasn't sure exactly where you were located.

I did my hair last night. It came out a bit dark, but that's OK. My plan is to try to get highlights, or do them myself.

Still no word on my car. DH truck will need tires by the end of next month.

Respected Contributor

Desi, glad of that. I just called to cancel his foot doctors appointment since it is at the same time as one of his PT sessions and it is only a yearly checkup so no biggie, will reschedule later but with another doctor.

pepesmom, yes, really trying but isn't at all easy after doing this so many years, all his working life. We get to bed usually by 3 to 4 AM, fall asleep but wake up by 8 AM than just lay there. We are both really tired but think it is all the running around we have to do. We will both be glad when all the PT sessions are over as well as the doctors visits. Sometimes my hair gets a bit dark too, all depends on how I feel sometimes if something is sticking in me since your system can change so quickly and that affects the hair as well and how it takes color. I don't worry about it, will fade and if you plan on highlighting, might be nicer like that anyway.

today since my face looks like cr a p with this cold and sore throat I used 4 drops on the top of my RE expert face brush, wow, looks really really nice, wouldn't know how I feel by looking at my face now. So, all depends on the look you want or need. I can go from 2 drops up to 4 drops and look really nice. 2 drops is almost like a TM, 3 is good while 4 is almost a full foundation on me and covers tiny red marks I have from coughing and sneezing and blowing my nose(nose is bright red), covered everything. DH said you must feel a lot better today you sure don't look like you did yesterday or even last night so, guess this really does the job for me.

I am still up in the air on the moxie lip color, stays tacky on me. I do like the color but much prefer the lipstick and color of the one that came in the new Mally TSV, her liquid foundation in the compact, really a very good color.

I do like this shadow though as well as the blush, both nice, both neutral and both work well for me. I use either my Mally dark olive eye liner or the navy/black that came in her latest TSV along with her new liquid foundation(in the compact). I love both of these eye liners but the dark olive is my favorite of all time. This new color BE blush though is really very nice and do really like that. I will use everything in this kit other than the new mineral veil in the compact(may try it once in a great while, will see) and still on the fence with the moxie lip gloss.

For lip gloss my favorite is still the Maybelline stay glossy 10 hour one in the lightest shade and for lip stick my favorite is the new Mally that came with that TSV although I do also like the lighter shade of Lipstick Queen I have but for lasting, can't beat the Maybelline stay glossy 10.

So, all in all a great kit even if I don't use the mineral veil or the moxie too much. I do find my real techniques expert face brush does a fabulous job of applying this new foundation, face looks and feels like glass and my brush is still soft after using it several days, feels like a new brush, very soft unlike so many other foundations using it, felt stiff and waxy and hard to clean. Although I haven't cleaned it yet I am sure it will clean very easy since it is staying so soft, like I didn't use it. I much prefer my RT EFB over the BE brush.

I would imagine as with any foundation you could use your fingers if that is what you are use to doing but I haven't tried it, just love the look and feel of this foundation with my RT EFB.

PT is at 4 today than tomorrow is his appointment with the urologist, one he is the most anxious to see and talk to.

Respected Contributor

Hi guys. Hottest and muggiest weather all summer (still summer)? Then thunder and rain all evening.

Pepe's mom, hope DH finds tires. You must be going stir-crazy with no wheels!

The hair will lighten, always does. I never attempted high-lights, so no advice from me on that.

Doglover, hope you feel better soon. Good luck on the doc. appt. tomorrow, hope the cath comes out.

Glad the make-up covers signs of how lousy you feel. I heard it rubs off super easily but sounds like it's working for you which is great. Moxie is sticky on me too and I don't love it and Buxom was worse, burned.

Watching Royal Pains but will flip to TNB.