Honored Contributor

Long haired girls what do you do with your hair when you sleep

My hair is 2" below my shoulders and I am pulling if back into a low pony tail using a thin tie so it not all over the place when I sleep.

What do you do to keep your hair in place while you sleeo

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Long haired girls what do you do with your hair when you sleep

I always sleep on a satin or silk pillowcase which helps it from getting crazy at night and less damaging. I sometimes put it in a bun (wake up in the am with soft waves/curls) or I just put it in a low ponytail with a soft stretchy hair band, like you mentioned.

Super Contributor

My hair reaches my tail bone and so far, I haven't found any good solution at bed time. If I tie it back, it gets a crimp the next day and just feels uncomfortable at night because I sleep flat on my back. If I leave it down, I'm constantly tugging it under my body weight or getting it caught up in my arms, pillows, etc.

I'll keep checking in on this thread to see if there are any good solutions offered.

Valued Contributor

Try using a satin pillow case. My hair is down to my bra line. I do not put it up or do anything to it. Before using the satin pillow case, I had problems with tangles, but now it's just fine.

Esteemed Contributor

I pull it up on my head like Pebbles!!!

Super Contributor

This may be a dumb question, but even with a satin pillow case - how do you keep your hair from getting caught under your body weight or caught up in your arms? Does this happen to anyone else, or does my hair just go rogue at night (lol)?

Honored Contributor

On 8/31/2014 Colonel Meow said:

This may be a dumb question, but even with a satin pillow case - how do you keep your hair from getting caught under your body weight or caught up in your arms? Does this happen to anyone else, or does my hair just go rogue at night (lol)?

Every once in awhile I've had that issue but it is rare. I sleep on my side mostly so maybe that is why I don't have that issue really?

Respected Contributor

My hair is down to my bra strap and I either pull it back in a low pony tail or up in a bun. As for me I could not stand to sleep on a satin pillowcase. I can't sleep on anything but cotton.
Trusted Contributor

You ladies must really toss around when you sleep! I don't move around much, just let my hair hang, unless it's hot, then tie back with a scrunchie, move it to the side if I sleep on my back & can feel it. I sleep on both sides & back during the night (I have arthritis & wake up several times during the night, but then just go back to sleep). I've had long hair for 50 years now.

Trusted Contributor

On 8/31/2014 colliegirls said:

I pull it up on my head like Pebbles!!!

So do I!!! I use a fabric scrunchie . I have been sleeping with my hair up like this for over 20 years. Can't stand it hanging all over me when I sleep. When I take it out the next day its nice and full and I use a blow dryer with a round brush on my dry hair to style it if I need to. Never damaged my hair at all because its dry and you can do it quickly.