Super Contributor

I simply can't believe what a huge difference tightlining has made in my eyes. I've hated eyeliner my entire life, but this is so different. I only do my upper lid, but totally hooked. Question: do you have a favorite product you use for this? I would love a plum color, something that wouldn't irritate my eyes, and of course waterproof. I'm currently using Trish McEvoy's gel liner in "Aubergine", but it really isn't quite plum enough. Thanks all!!

Honored Contributor

I love tightlining too- it is the only way I do eyeliner these days except the occasional evening look I may do a more dramatic liner look. It is so easy and makes such a difference, like you stated. I don't really have a suggestion for a plum liner though, sorry!

Super Contributor

Laura Mercier's cake eyeliner is my choice for tight lining and you may like her Plum Riche shade.

Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Love tight lining and the only way I do it now. Right now, I'm loving Mally's in a mixture of black/blue. Looks really good. Sometimes I will put bronze or light plum on the bottom and smudge. Tight lining is a real "fooler." No one can tell if you are lined or not.

I use Trish McEvoy's eye base with liner and shadows. Lasts until you remove.

Regular Contributor

The only waterproof liner that doesn't irritate my eyes and stays all day is Mally's. Any one of hers is so AMAZING!

Trusted Contributor
On 8/31/2014 SilentDance said:

Laura Mercier's cake eyeliner is my choice for tight lining and you may like her Plum Riche shade.

Smiley Happy

I really want to try this. Do you use it just for tightlining or as an eyeliner for the entire eye area? Have you tried the green color?

Thanks!

Valued Contributor

HI expat-

I agree that it makes a huge difference in the way one's eyes look. I pretty much do this technique every day with every pencil or lining product I have. Sure, some stay put longer than others, but I also smudge stuff right onto that inner r*m area. I remember once hearing a MUA say that you're supposed to be lining your EYES not your EYELID. And this sorta cemented for me that tight lining makes a big difference. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Wow, so many good posts! One other question. When I push on the crease of my eyelid to expose the base of my eyelashes, my eyes seem to go blurry or something. How do you actually expose the area you are going to tightline? I think I'm doing it wrong.

Super Contributor
On 8/31/2014 vaccinia said:
On 8/31/2014 SilentDance said:

Smiley Happy

I really want to try this. Do you use it just for tightlining or as an eyeliner for the entire eye area? Have you tried the green color?

Thanks!

I use it as a tight liner only. You have to wet the brush for it to work best and you are pushing a brush into the area as opposed to a pencil. I never had a problem with smudging, it just takes more time. Trish McEvoy's gel liners are easier to use, but I get smudging and I guess that is because they are too creamy.

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Ok, another dumb question from me, what is the difference from tightlining and eye liner. I never use eyeliner because I can never put it on properly.