Esteemed Contributor

~~ If You Use a Flat Iron...... ~~

......what product do you use on your hair prior to using the tool? My hair is naturally curly and resistant to straightening, so I need a product to give it a little help and one that can hold in our misty climate here in the PNW. TIA

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

Re: ~~ If You Use a Flat Iron...... ~~

I use WEN's styling creme, applying it immediately after showering, on soaking wet hair. I then air dry (usually overnight) before flat-ironing in the AM. My last step o lock in shine and fight flyaways is a quick run through of 2 droppers full of a WEN oil. (Keep in mind I have extremely thick and coarse hair.) HTH!

Trusted Contributor

Re: ~~ If You Use a Flat Iron...... ~~

I've tried a boat load of stuff....WEN, Calista, John Frieda, CHI, Carole's Daughter, countless drugstore brands...you get the picture. I have a natural wave with a lot of frizz and unevenness.

The best product I've tried so far and keep coming back to it Marc Anthony Bye Bye Frizz Keratin Smoothing Blow Out Cream. After towel drying, smooth through, and blow dry followed with the flat iron. I finish with a max hold hairspray...whatever I've recently picked up from the stores.

I get the Marc Anthony product from drugstore dot com.