Honored Contributor

First off I had been eyeing the Perfector by Calista for a while and watching quite a few demonstrations because that's what I do instead of impulse buying! So I received it a week ago and absolutely love it....I haven't tried it for curling my hair yet, but for smoothing and even straightening it is fabulous!!!!!

Second I tried Living Proof Flex Spray and love that as well-holds so nicely but feels like almost nothing in your hair, and combing and re-styling later is no problem as its light as air, but yet gives great hold! I will purchase this again!

Thirdly I purchased CEO Lipstick from Lorac which is this beautiful Mauve color and I have purchased Lorac lipsticks before so I knew they were very pigmented and this one does not dissappoint-very pigmented and just a beautiful texture and color!!!!!!!

Just a couple of my raves!!!!!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor
thank you for the reviews JM :-)
Super Contributor

I want all of those! The lipstick shade is lucious. It's called a matte but the pic looks kinda moist -- what's your opinion?

And about the Calista -- I've been waffling on that for eons. I think someone posted (eons ago) that they preferred the John Frieda for some reason (less tangling?) Do you find the Calista tangles? And it can be used on dry hair, right? And how about VOLUME? :-)

Super Contributor

thanks for the raves.

i find the perfector an interesting concept.

Respected Contributor

Just like OP I had been eyeing the Perfector for a long time and finally bought it a couple months ago and love it. I have short straight layered hair and it works great for my hair and now I won't be without it. I also love that you don't have to worry about burning yourself. I haven't tried the Living Proof Flex Spray but I'm currently using the Living Proof full thickening mousse. It's a great product too. I will have to give the Flex Spray a try.

Honored Contributor

Hi Ladies!!! The perfector works great. It is for dry hair use only and I love that you don't have to worry about getting burned....It is good for volume as well but I find with my fine hair I have to spray it to keep the volume...I haven't had any problems with tangling, but my hair is only shoulder length. As far as the Lorac lipstick its a mixture of matte and moist if that makes any sense. It lasts like a matte lipstick and it is not shiny and glossy but its not dry either-more like a cream. I love the texture and the color is beautiful! I will definitely buy more from this line of cosmetics!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the reviews...I see a a trip to Ulta in my immediate future!

Super Contributor
On 8/31/2014 JMFINLEY001 said:

Hi Ladies!!! The perfector works great. It is for dry hair use only and I love that you don't have to worry about getting burned....It is good for volume as well but I find with my fine hair I have to spray it to keep the volume...I haven't had any problems with tangling, but my hair is only shoulder length. As far as the Lorac lipstick its a mixture of matte and moist if that makes any sense. It lasts like a matte lipstick and it is not shiny and glossy but its not dry either-more like a cream. I love the texture and the color is beautiful! I will definitely buy more from this line of cosmetics!!!!!

Thanks for EXPANDED review! :-)

Respected Contributor
JMF: good job and thanks.
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

have had the Perfector for over a year now and love it; it is the only hair tool I have bought that actually does exactly what it says it will do. I have babyfine hair and if I use the spray that came with it, I can get great volume and lift that lasts for hours. I highly recommend it. Heats up super fast and shuts itself off if you forget (which I have). I have spent so much time and $ looking for a tool that would work on my hair it is nice to not have to look any longer!