Trusted Contributor

WHAT IS THE BEST PRODUCT FOR PORES?

It just seems all of a sudden I have these large pores on my chin and forehead. Can you tell me what has worked for you? I know IT Cosmetics has a pore product but I don't think it gets rid of them just conceals them? I could be wrong all I know is that I need something that works. Thanks.
Super Contributor

Re: WHAT IS THE BEST PRODUCT FOR PORES?

I don't know if it works but I have been doing some reading lately and read to wash your face with raw honey and moisturize with emu oil. I have been using emu oil and find it very moisturizing. Some seem to have noticed larger pores after using Retin-a or having IPL treatments.

I have them and I think it is my skin loosing elasticity and stretching. When I pull my skin back like they would do in a facelift, my pores disappear.

I also read that emu oil thickens the skin, I hope so.

Honored Contributor

exfoliating works well to diminish the look of pores.I never had a visible pore in my life until I started going through the change and now I know why they call it that! Lol A good primer will also help to keep them at bay
Esteemed Contributor

Mask, mask and mask some more to reduce the appearance of pores! I'm always dabbing clay masks on my problem areas. Makes a huge difference!

Super Contributor

Unfortunately, you can't "get rid of" pores. The best you can do is exfoliate so that they don't get congested (which makes them look bigger). I have large pores, also, so I feel your pain. I use SKINN's Deep Vacuum Pore Mask 2 -3 times a week, and use my Clarisonic daily. I sometimes do extractions, but really, I'm trying to stop because I have heard that this can stretch the pore wall even more. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Super Contributor

On 8/30/2014 Kind1too said:

I don't know if it works but I have been doing some reading lately and read to wash your face with raw honey and moisturize with emu oil. I have been using emu oil and find it very moisturizing. Some seem to have noticed larger pores after using Retin-a or having IPL treatments.

I have them and I think it is my skin loosing elasticity and stretching. When I pull my skin back like they would do in a facelift, my pores disappear.

I also read that emu oil thickens the skin, I hope so.

I didn't know emu oil helped with pores and thickened the skin. Thanks for that information. I've been mixing it with a little argan and tea tree oil.

Trusted Contributor

The Clarisonic really helps my (huge hereditary) pores. I also use masks and peels which helps.
Respected Contributor

BHA will keep pores clean. Paula's Choice has several BHA options.
Honored Contributor

I have been using Neutrogena's Pore Refining facial wash for about 3 weeks now. It really cleans your skin and minimizes pore size. Plus your sink does not have a film in it after use. I also use Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel (no alcohol) which also minimizes pores.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I use Skinn'S DermAppeal which I can't live without and am waiting for a Skinn set that has a mask in it. I just saw a clay mask last night on HSN, maybe I should try it and get some emu oil too. It's really tough getting old! Lol. Thanks ladies for your replies. I appreciate it.