Esteemed Contributor

Anyone tried the new Lancome "serum" type foundation?

I think the name of it is nude something....I'm anxious to try it; lancome usually has great foundation shades. Any opinions?
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone tried the new Lancome ""serum"" type foundation?

Yes! Do you mean Teint Visionnaire which is both foundation & skin care? It has a spot corrector in a small compact on the top of the bottle. I ordered mine from HSN a few weeks ago & it came with a wonderful brush. I am a light medium skin tone so got Bisque which is a very good match. I have only used the foundation a couple of times so far, & have not yet tried the spot corrector. I love this foundation! It is pretty pricey though, at $60, so I really hope it goes a long way. I certainly would recommend it if you can get it!
Esteemed Contributor

VCamp--- that's great to hear, although that's not the one I'm talking about. I checked and its called Lancôme Nude Miracle. It's very new....you can see it for yourself on the Sephora site. I would like to try the one you mentioned, too. I'm also light to medium.
Respected Contributor

On 8/30/2014 Goldengate8361 said: VCamp--- that's great to hear, although that's not the one I'm talking about. I checked and its called Lancôme Nude Miracle. It's very new....you can see it for yourself on the Sephora site. I would like to try the one you mentioned, too. I'm also light to medium.
Oh, OK, I'll have to check that out. I'll take all the miracles I can get! LOL!
Esteemed Contributor

LOL! Me, too!
Super Contributor

This past Monday I picked up YSL's new serum-based foundation, Fusion Ink, and Lancome's new serum-based foundation, Nude Miracle, and honestly I much prefer the Fusion Ink.

For reference I have what many would consider "perfect" skin - it's normal and never breaks out save for that time of the month, and I have very little hyper-pigmentation even though I am extremely pale.

I was a loyal Teint Miracle/Photogenic Lumessence user for the better part of two years, and Lancome's Ivoire 1(N) shade is my perfect match in every foundation they offer.

I was getting bored with these two foundations from Lancome, so as soon as I saw Nude Miracle was released at Sephora, I was super excited to try it out.

First of all, Nude Miracle has a TON of alcohol in it - if you have even remotely sensitive skin, this will probably irritate it.

It feels like a "miracle" going on the skin - it's very velvety in texture.

However, it is also very watery, and as such makes a huge mess should you spill it by accident or accidentally stain something with it. I know the whole watery-texture thing is the hallmark of serum-based foundations, but this takes it to an almost obnoxious degree.

Here's my next gripe: it has no staying power. Absolutely none. I tried it with a primer, a powder, and both a primer and powder together, and it still wouldn't last.

While it feels great going on and looks fabulous for about 5 minutes, it very quickly starts to pool into fine lines and accentuate any dry patches (I don't even have dry patches but this made it look like I did).

I only got about 4 hours of wear out of this before I had that overly-glowy, sweaty foundation look.

Like I said, I have normal skin and this made me look like a grease pit. If you have oily skin, I can't even imagine what it would look like. Likewise, if you have dry skin this stuff will accentuate that too, so I really don't see any win-win situation here.

This is probably more like a tinted moisturizer, albeit a mediocre one, than a foundation, so ultimately I would skip it and stick to what you know from Lancome (TM for the dewy look, TI for full-coverage, and PL for second skin).

If you are looking specifically for a serum-based foundation, however, the YSL Fusion Ink is the best I have EVER tried in that category, and it lasts for well over 12 hours with no primer or powder, and it truly looks like a second skin. They also have fantastic shade choices.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I hope this helps! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

Ryleighbell---thanks for the detailed information. Really appreciate it! I will certainly try out the YSL fusion foundation soon. I, too, have normal skin--without any issues. I hope the color selection is good....
Super Contributor

Just curious - for you ladies "without any issues", why do you wear foundation? I have so many issues (lol) that require me to wear foundation, but if they disappeared, it would feel wonderful to go bare-faced!

Esteemed Contributor

Colonel Meow---I often do go without foundation but I like the finished look that foundation provides. For the last couple of years, I've mainly used powder foundations but I would love to find a "thin" foundation that doesn't settle into my newly discovered wrinkles (LOL). I also like tinted moisturizers but my experience is that most are fairly indistinguishable from regular foundations. It's funny....but the older I get (I'm 53), the better I think I look if I wear LESS makeup. How any of you found this to be true?
Super Contributor

On 8/31/2014 Colonel Meow said:

Just curious - for you ladies "without any issues", why do you wear foundation? I have so many issues (lol) that require me to wear foundation, but if they disappeared, it would feel wonderful to go bare-faced!

Good question!

I use foundation less because I like the way it looks and more because I like how it accentuates other complexion products.

For example, I have high-ish cheekbones, but they need contouring to really be brought out; however, the contouring process doesn't go as smoothly on a bare face, so I use foundation (currently the YSL Fusion Ink I was talking about) to provide a flawless canvas and create the sculpted look I'm going for.

That said, I love going bare-faced when it comes to foundation just as much as I love going full-faced - the only product I need whenever I go somewhere is a brow pencil because man do my eyebrows need the help! {#emotions_dlg.lol}