Regular Contributor

I've noticed the large jar of blue liquid with combs in it on the shelf of my hairdresser. But I see nothing like that for brushes. Does anyone know how the brushes are disinfected or do you bring your own -- or just not worry?

Super Contributor

You know... I go get my hair cut and always wonder the same thing... I really wonder how clean the brushes are. I think bringing your own brush is a great idea just like bringing your own nail clipping and grooming items to a nail person. Why not?

Super Contributor
My hairdresser told me to soak my brushes for ten minutes in a solution of white vinegar and water, one part vinegar two parts water. I put the brushes in a tall water glass and soak them, they come out very clean. You might try a beauty supply house like Sally's for the barbi chide.
Respected Contributor

You can also use a weak bleach solution after thoroughly removing the hair from the brush. The salon has to clean them, and does after hours so they can be dry by morning. Also, much of the heat used on the round brushes kills anything as well!