Regular Contributor

looking for a new make up line

i am looking for a new make up line im bored of the one im using now. Can someone suggest a good line. I was using laura geller but im bored with im looking for something else

i use to use bare minerals but make my skin scratchy.

Honored Contributor

Re: looking for a new make up line

Laura Mercier is the best make-up I've ever used. I got a makeover at her counter over ten years and have never had any desire to switch brands. I use her Silk Creme foundation and translucent loose powder among other things. I love her lipsticks.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Check out Laura Mercier. Her new foundation is Excellent. It's lie a second skin. Love her powders, concealers, sheer lipsticks, body products. I use her tinted moisturizer oil-free and I also have her foundation in a jar that I love. when I use these products up, I wil purchase her new oil-free one fluide.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

I've just started using NYX cosmetics and really liking this brand so far.I've used a lot of high end brands and I'm liking NYX and there prices too. But I can never give up my Bobbi Brown BB cream.
Super Contributor

I would also say to try Laura Mercier or Trish McEvoy. Both lines are excellent!

Beautiful eye shadows and face powders, pressed bronzers,lipsticks and lip glosses- and the brushes from both lines are wonderful!

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I've never used a specific, complete line in my entire life. Never. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

OP, you don't say anything about your skin type or preferences, so any answers can't address those things. Dry, normal, oily, etc ...

If budget isn't a consideration, go to the local large department store and stop by the counters and see what they have that jumps out at you.

Respected Contributor

On 8/29/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I've never used a specific, complete line in my entire life. Never. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

OP, you don't say anything about your skin type or preferences, so any answers can't address those things. Dry, normal, oily, etc ...

If budget isn't a consideration, go to the local large department store and stop by the counters and see what they have that jumps out at you.

I agree. I use mostly Mac because I love most everything in the line. Mascara, foundation, powder, eye shadow, fragrance, brushes, etc, but I also like IT, Too Faced & Tarte.

Trusted Contributor

Lorac cosmetics

Super Contributor

Laura Mercier minerals

IT Celebration (not the illuminating one)

Revlon Colorstay

New Estee Lauder Perfectionist Serum makeup

Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid foundation

Maybelline Dream Wonder

Bobbi Brown (the new stick)

Trusted Contributor

I like so many items from different lines that it would be hard to commit to just one.

But some days I wear only J. Maran's line.

BE, Ready and some loose, some days just BE....

Some IT, some Mally..a little Tarte, a little BB eyeliner.

It takes a village to keep me happy...but these are my main lines.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~