Occasional Contributor

I'm taking water exercise classes 5 days a week. It's so much fun but hard on my manicure. Do you suggest gel manicure or shellac to hold up to the water?

Regular Contributor

I am currently having great luck with the new Sally Hansen miracle gel topcoat over regular polish. I have more then enough polish for half the world, and didn't want to start buying doubles of colors I already have. And this has really worked.

I am not in the pool 5 days a week, but wash my hands a lot, and have very minimal chipping. 7 days with minor tip wear. And the best part, it removes like regular polish. No soaking or lots of scrubbing.

Contributor

I also recommend the Sally Hansen Miracle gel nail polish (no light required). I went on vacation for two weeks and did my nails in peach the first day. I couldn't believe the amazing wear I got from this polish. I was swimming every day in the pool and ocean and couldn't believe that it lasted so long without chipping. I only changed it after almost two weeks just because I had new growth at the nail base. It comes right off with regular polish remover and a cotton ball. I went out and bought two more colors at Walgreens. By the way, you must put it on your natural nails with no base coat. I used Seche Vite top coat instead of the Sally Hansen top coat. It really is worth a try!

Honored Contributor
tomorrow is the last day that you can get the miracle gel at Walgreens for $1 off the regular price. grab the booklet when you walk in! they also have some select twin packs; one color one top coat for a substantial savings. with the exception of the Lustre shine I have had good luck with the Sally Hansen polishes in general and I will probably buy a couple of the gels before they go off sale
Honored Contributor

Walmart has the SH, probably less money than Walgreens.

Honored Contributor

I tried the Revlon Gel Envy, terrible results, better results with Vinylux.