Trusted Contributor

Any of you given up on foundation and just use concealer on the problem areas?

I have been a foundation junkie for years but now at the age of 59 I find no matter what I wear the makeup seems to look aging to me.My issue is I have some age spots that I want to cover. If you have any ideas or suggestions on what to try please let me know.TIA

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Any of you given up on foundation and just use concealer on the problem areas?

Have you tried treating your age spots to fade them?

Respected Contributor

Re: Any of you given up on foundation and just use concealer on the problem areas?

After years and years of sensitive but acne prone skin I have finally arrived (52 y/o) at mostly make up optional. I received the tinted SPF moisturizer in Josie Maran's last TSV and I must say, it is really working well for me without a foundation look.

Now...I don't know how it would work on age spots because the coverage is pretty light. Hopefully others will have better ideas.

Trusted Contributor

HappyDaze I have tried everything. Can't use the bleaching creams and all the serums and etc. have not done anything. I am quite fair and they were once freckles but 30 some odd years of Fl,they are spots now.

islandgrrl I am waiting to get my JM TSV.I am excited to get that kit.I'm sure I will need some kind of concealer though for these few spots.

The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Super Contributor

I would use a Vitamin C serum. Also the IT Bye Bye undereye is a pretty good concealer of dark spots.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you KateChopin. Appreciate everyones help.

The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Valued Contributor

I use Trish McEvoy Beauty Balm SPF 35-Shade, It's a little expensive. I got it when it was fifty percent off but it covers nicely without being cakey.
This sota girl says pop, duck, duck, gray duck and loves tater tot hotdish
Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 beauty junkie said:

HappyDaze I have tried everything. Can't use the bleaching creams and all the serums and etc. have not done anything. I am quite fair and they were once freckles but 30 some odd years of Fl,they are spots now.

islandgrrl I am waiting to get my JM TSV.I am excited to get that kit.I'm sure I will need some kind of concealer though for these few spots.

Have you been to a dermatologist? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

It sounds like it's time to bring in the big guns.

Trusted Contributor

Yup,seen the derm many times. He keeps mentioning hydroquinone which burned my sensitive skin and left white rings around the spots. I can't afford laser and am on Orencia Infusions for my RA and have to be careful of anything invasive.I have a few spots,all in all for my age skin is not too bad at all I just hate the brown spots against my lily white skin,lol.Think I will try a new Vit C serum.

The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Respected Contributor

There has been a lot of mention of Korean products lately. Some of them are very good and Asian skincare has a big focus on lightening and brightening without hydroquinone. Niaminicide is often associated with brightening and found in many products for that as is kojic acid. SkinActives has ingredients you can purchase and you can buy their base and add ingredients for your concern. I've been using Missha's Essence along with my HG Vit C from NCN and am seeing a lot of brightening and spot fading. I have two stubborn spots. One is under my right eye near the lower lash line. Very delicate area and this combination is fading it and with no irritation. Good luck!