Esteemed Contributor

I know this is the beauty thread but I remember people were posting clothes and boots they bought at the sale so I wanted to post this here:

For those that bought clothes or shoes at the anniversary sale, I would check out their clearance sale online. By accident I found a coat I'd bought that was supposed to go up a couple hundred dollars after the anniversary sale actually went on clearance and the price was reduced. Out of curiosity I looked at some kid's clothes I bought and they, too, had gone on clearance. So in reality it appears that rather than this be a sale where the prices are going up, they bring in their clearance items, at the end of the sale they sell them at the price they say they were going up to for a couple of weeks and then put them on clearance. I checked to see if the boots I'd gotten were also on clearance but they are nowhere to be found either online or in my local store.

Honored Contributor

Re: Nordstrom anniversary sale

Things also go on clearance when stock is depleted and only a few remain, so it's also possible that those items sold well on sale and now they only have as few left.

But I understand that's not as sensational as unassuming the worst and spreading that theory as quickly as you can.

Valued Contributor

Interesting Wsmom! I wonder if people can apply to get the reduced price applied to their sale purchase?

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/28/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

Things also go on clearance when stock is depleted and only a few remain, so it's also possible that those items sold well on sale and now they only have as few left.

But I understand that's not as sensational as unassuming the worst and spreading that theory as quickly as you can.

No, actually those go in the final few section when there's just a few left. I wasn't trying to be sensational nor spreading a theory as quickly as I can, nor was I unassuming the worst...actually, I was assuming the worst. But mostly just thought others may find that of interest and want to check the clearance section to see if their new fall fashions that were going to go up drastically in price after a certain date have instead been reduced further so that they can get the difference. I'm sorry you felt the need to assume the worst of me.

Honored Contributor

Thx OP. I'm going to check my purchases, and 15 dollars is a good reason. I've even called Q for a 10 dollar credit for an item that I purchased that was selected as a one time only item-Honora pearl necklace. It adds up. Appreciate your post & your sharing.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the mention!

Although I'm going there next weekend, I wanted to order Liverpool jeans. I found the perfect top I've been hunting for, too, which was on sale.

Trusted Contributor

I've never seen Nordstrom put items on clearance so quickly after they were in the Anniversary Sale. There's a pair of boots I considered buying during the sale that are now on clearance at a significantly lower price. Glad I didn't buy.

Trusted Contributor

Just checked and the Michael Kors trench coat I bought during the sale is now $20 less than what I paid. This really p*sses me off.

Regular Contributor

hey there! check out my thread on the fashion board! experienced the same thing! I pushed for a price adjustment but it really took some effort. This is a new practice for Nordstrom - they never used to have seasonal sales other than their anniversary and half yearly. They always had great mark downs during those sales and then the prices always went back up. the only time you would see something go on sale is if it's on the marked down sale rack or it goes to the Rack.. They've never had an advertised seasonal sale where they mark down the same items even further! I have never experienced this from Nordstrom and I guess that's why I was so taken aback by it. They've never played pricing games like most other stores do. I guess the economy is affecting them as well and they need to promote sales as much as possible. Kind of sad but I understand their need. What this translates out to for me is that I'm less likely to buy at the Anniversary & half yearly sales and more likely to wait for other sales for more deep discounts. I actually had to go to a store manager to get a price adjustment. Some here thought I shouldn't have pursued it for such a small savings but it was more the principle and letting them know that consumers may not be happy with this new practice. If nothing is said they won't know right?
Trusted Contributor

On 8/29/2014 olive59 said: hey there! check out my thread on the fashion board! experienced the same thing! I pushed for a price adjustment but it really took some effort. This is a new practice for Nordstrom - they never used to have seasonal sales other than their anniversary and half yearly. They always had great mark downs during those sales and then the prices always went back up. the only time you would see something go on sale is if it's on the marked down sale rack or it goes to the Rack.. They've never had an advertised seasonal sale where they mark down the same items even further! I have never experienced this from Nordstrom and I guess that's why I was so taken aback by it. They've never played pricing games like most other stores do. I guess the economy is affecting them as well and they need to promote sales as much as possible. Kind of sad but I understand their need. What this translates out to for me is that I'm less likely to buy at the Anniversary & half yearly sales and more likely to wait for other sales for more deep discounts. I actually had to go to a store manager to get a price adjustment. Some here thought I shouldn't have pursued it for such a small savings but it was more the principle and letting them know that consumers may not be happy with this new practice. If nothing is said they won't know right?

I totally agree. I e-mailed them this morning and within two hours, they replied that they were giving me a credit. Good thing, because I was ready to pack up the coat and return it and just buy it again at the new price (it is still available at my store).

This is not like Nordstrom. I suspect they're getting a lot of complaints. I doubt I will purchase from the Anniversary Sale next year, knowing that many of the items will be marked down again a few weeks later.