Trusted Contributor

I Don't Know If I Can Ask This, But....

This question has been bugging me, particularly after all I read and hear, I just wanted to know if anyone would mind sharing their thoughts. I see advertisements in magazines all of the time for bikini trimmers. I assumed they were for leg hair around the bikini line at the leg and right above the bikini line. My 32 yr. old daughter uses one and I asked her if she had to use it every time she wore her bikini. She said, "No! This is just to trim up when everything else begins to grow out!" I've heard many times that shaving the entire area is very common among women. (I'm searching for printable words here) She acted as if I was completely "out of the know" when I told her I had no idea that a good many women were bald.

Valued Contributor

Re: I Don't Know If I Can Ask This, But....

I guess I don't understand your question?. You stated yourself that you heard shaving the entire area is common, but then you end by saying you had no idea many were bald. ?? I think everyone has their own routine.

Respected Contributor

Yes, it's extremely common though there is now a backlash. Gwyneth Paltrow who really got the ball rolling in addition to styles in "certain" movies now says she "rocks a 70's vibe." Bald seems more hygienic.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

I don't really understand what you want thoughts on- a trimmer to use? If it is common to be ""bald""? What we think about shaving the area? or??

Respected Contributor

And your question is........

Trusted Contributor

On 8/28/2014 brandiwine said:

Her question is: Are most women really shaving off all their body hair ""down south""? Really? Most women?

Super Contributor

On 8/28/2014 GoodStuff said:
On 8/28/2014 brandiwine said:

Her question is: Are most women really shaving off all their body hair ""down south""? Really? Most women?

This made me laugh out loud hahaha.

Regular Contributor

I trim down there all the time. I use beard trimmers. I used to just shave but I started getting these horrible and painful abscesses. I would use a new razor every time so I have no idea why after 20 some years of successfully shaving down there I couldn't any more. So now I use the trimmers. So sorry if this was way tmi for everyone! Lol
Regular Contributor

On 8/28/2014 spookyghost said: I trim down there all the time. I use beard trimmers. I used to just shave but I started getting these horrible and painful abscesses. I would use a new razor every time so I have no idea why after 20 some years of successfully shaving down there I couldn't any more. So now I use the trimmers. So sorry if this was way tmi for everyone! Lol

I used to nair, and would get those cysts .....and will be 70 next month and just went to Gyn to have it removed I was so upset and embarassed they were so kind and said they see these all the time they are ingrown hairs. So I resorted to the trimmer and I have another one I'm waiting out. I guess its back to sissors.

Valued Contributor

Nope,I am in my 40's and rocking the manicured bush...{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ