Super Contributor

Is it just me, or are the threads the same for weeks at a time?

I don't know if a recent thread condemning off topic issues, or the constant reminders that "there is a separate thread for that" have chased some off, but it seems to me that the threads are stagnant for a long while.

It may be that there have been recent web issues that have prevented people from posting (like me) or replying, but it seems that there are fewer updates or new discussions lately.

Or I could be hallucinating from cold meds. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Re: Is it just me, or are the threads the same for weeks at a time?

no, I thought the same thing! I was offline for about 3 or 4 days and came back and it seemed to essentially be the same threads as when I left! It has been pretty slow on the boards for awhile now. Maybe because of summer holiday?

Esteemed Contributor

you are so right....and it has been like this for months and months....I am sure posters tire of trying to log in and can't....or post and then it gets deleted...there seems to be so many negative...argumentative....stalker posters that coming here has become unpleasant...

its a shame....there was a time...long ago....when there were hundreds of posters everyday...the threads moved so fast...it was so much fun....now all of that is gone....

Contributor

I noticed there was a thread last week or the week before that was aimed directly at Lisa R and the nastiness got a bit out of hand. That's when the thread disappeared along with many pages -- it went down to just 2 pages. Now it's back up to over 50 pages, so I'm not sure if they had a glitch in the system or the webmaster/moderator decided to go through and clean up the riff-raff.

Respected Contributor

I remember the boards back when. They were so much fun, even the arguments were fun. I was so addicted. Now it seems someone cant make a comment, share a story or raise a question without one of the nasty posters taking a poke. I do think it is slower because of summer.

....and yes, the nastiness towards the hosts and vendors is just too much.

Super Contributor

It only take one or two people to keep a thread going forever, even years. All they have to do is have someone make a comment. Some times you ask a question or review a product and maybe no one, or just a few make comments, before you know it, it appears to be lost. I wish QVC would send us updates on anything we have posted to. I have tried to subscribe to a feed before and it always tells me it's not working to try later.

Esteemed Contributor

The cat's got our "tongues."

There's not been too much to say (for one thing). I'm not searching for anything in particular beauty related, and I'm not seeking to change my skin care. People seem to be happy with what they are using.

Respected Contributor

A lot of people are away on vacation during the summer. I bet in the Fall/Winter there will be more participants.

Trusted Contributor

You're right, I will check in once every couple of weeks and see the very same threads I saw 2 weeks prior to that. Kinda boring, huh?

Trusted Contributor

...maybe the board isn't as popular as it used to be and people are relying more on blogs to get their info.