Honored Contributor

Cleansing conditioner or Co-wash recommendations

I want to try out some products other than Wen. I've been using Wen for over 2 years so I don't need any recommendations from that line.

I don't want shampoo. I want a cleansing conditioner or a good conditioner that works for co-washing. So no silicones that need lather to remove them or will build up and I want something menthol free. No peppermint or eucalyptus oils.

I've already tried the L'Oreal one and didn't like it. Is there anything new?

By the way, I have wavy medium texture hair that is just above tailbone length. I'm usually trying to control volume but keep body.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Re: Cleansing conditioner or Co-wash recommendations

Have you tried Tweak-D?

There is also Shea Moisture Co-wash and I will be trying the Macadamia oil Flawless cleansing conditioner as my friend is giving me her sample she is getting from her Birchbox. I currently use the Shea Moisture one for my scalp only cleanse (I don't use menthol, etc on my scalp). If I didn't love SHP and SMC WEN CC or couldn't get them anymore, I'd probably be using Tweak-d, I like it that much.

Tweak-D:

Ingredients: Water/Eau/Aqua, Isobutane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Bassia Butyracea Seed Butter, Stevia Rebaudiana Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil Phytosterol Esters, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Trichilia Emetica Seed Butter, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Kigelia Africana Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Terminalia Ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) Fruit Extract, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Pomaderris Kumerahou Flower/Leaf Extract, Saponaria Officinalis Root Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Extract, Behentrimonium Chloride, Ethyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, PCA, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Polyester-11, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxyphenyl Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-37, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-10, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Trideceth-6, Trideceth-12, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Propane, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate.

Shea Moisture Co-wash:

Deionized water , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter , Cetyl Esters , Kaolin Clay , Grapeseed Oil , Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba) , Behentrimonium Chloride , Hibiscus Sabdariffa Extract , Salix Alba (Willow Bark) Extract , Melia Azadirachta Seed Oil (Neem) , Sorbitol Esters , Aloe barbadensis Leaf Juice , Tocopherol (Vitamin E) , African Black Soap Extract , Sea Salt , Rosemary Extract , Caprylyl Glycol

Macadamia Flawless cleansing condtiioner:

Water (Aqua/EAU), Cetearyl Alcohol, Isopentane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, Stearalkonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Macadamia Integrifolia (macadamia) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Chamomille Recutita, (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silonetriol, Oleanolic Acid, Apigenin, Isobutane, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Ceterth-10 Phosphate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Steapyrium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylchloroisothia-Zolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, Fragrance/Parfum.

Super Contributor

I can tell you what I've tried and didn't like: Renpure--not hydrating enough, HairOne- hair looked dirty immediately after washing it & L'Oreal-was ok at first, but left a coating on my hair after using a couple of times.

Honored Contributor

Isn't tweak-d the one that comes out as foam or something? I think I remember someone posting about it once.

Thanks fpr posting the ingredient list. I'll have to look around and see what stores I can get these from to try. I had looked into the shea moisture one about a month or so ago but I never bought any to try.

ok checked their website Tweak'd is sold out. Not sure if it's sold locally anywhere.

Honored Contributor

The tweak-d ultra nourishing (the only one I've tried and used and the one I'd recommend), is not sold out. It is on HSN. There is always a coupon code for hsn out there too. I didn't pay full price and I got free shipping.

Honored Contributor

I have been trying different shampoos trying to find something new since my hair has gotten drier. I tried Shea Moisture moisture retention shampoo which I liked but after using several times I had build up I assume from the shea butter. I asked the lady at Sally Beauty what I should try & she recommended a few different ones & I chose the Biotera line. She told me the Shea Moisture was for ethnic hair & I did not need that. I have read reviews online that say they use it & are not ethnic. I bought the Biotera color care shampoo, conditioner, ultra moisturizing leave in conditioner. I also bought the Biotera Ultra Color Care 5-in-1 Cleansing Conditioner. I really like the cleansing conditioner. It's the 1st sulfate free cleansing conditioner I have used that did not leave my hair dry. Too bad I only bought a sample pack of it so I have only used it once. Now I need to buy a bottle of it. I also like the shampoo & like the leave in conditioner better then the rinse out. I need to go by Sally's or order some online since it's on sale through the 30th or 31st. They have buy 2 liters for $15 or they have buy 2 get one free other sizes. If you want to try any from Sally Beauty use the coupon codes from their homepage. A banner at the top goes across the screen with 4 different sales. The 4th one has the codes for Ion, Biotera & a few other products. They also have 25% off 555251 through 8-30. I wonder if I can use the 25% off on the buy 2 get 1 free products. I just recently switched to their Ion hair color & really like it & they are buy 2 get 1. I have also used their Hair One & like it but I cannot use it all the time. I have been using the Biotera products for over a week now & really like them. Hope you find what you are looking for. I know what works for one does not mean it will work for you. Every one has a different hair type.

Valued Contributor

I've tried a few and my current favorite is Herbal Essence in the pink bottle. LOVE it!

Valued Contributor

When I first tried WEN to try to save money I looked into replacements, so I can also tell you the ones I did not like. REN (Rempure) left my hair hard and dry. Salon grafix was also similar, so no nearly as good as WEN. Hair one I think was ok at first, but left a coating on my hair and did not leave it as shiny. The lady at the makeup counter at my local Walgreens likes the Pantene cleansing conditioner, but I read from another poster that the company tests on animals.
Formally NewtoWen
Honored Contributor

You know, I think I'm going to actually try herbal hair care. I'm going to try mixing my own herbs to cleanse. I've read up on it before and I've made beauty products in the past ( a long time ago). I really want something where I control the ingredients and is all natural. So far I'm looking at Yucca Root, Amla, Fenugreek and Rhassoul powder. You can even use aloe vera as the liquid base, or just water. I want to check my local health food store for the items and if I can't find them I'll purchase online.

Contributor

let us know how your homemade cleanser works and don't forget to include the recipe {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I was a Wen user for years. It quit working for my mid-back, stick straight hair. I went VO5 Clarifying Cond three years ago and haven't looked back. The PETA sight is down but if Herbal Essence is cruelty free, I may try that just for a change.