Valued Contributor

Do you change your hair color with the seasons?

Lighter in summer and darker in fall? Nothing drastically different, just a few more high or low lights?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you change your hair color with the seasons?

No, I keep the same color all year. I do have a friend that goes darker in the winter.

I have a lot of gray, silver and white, so if I go darker, it would show when it grows out.

Valued Contributor

Just wondering. I give my stylist free reign and she always makes me a little darker for the cooler months. She does the same thing to herself. ;-) It is nice to change it up a bit.

Esteemed Contributor

I do both hi lites and low lites.

And yes I go lighter in the warmer months and darker in the winter months. I also go a little shorter in the summer. Easier to care for and it's out of the way.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes.

But I do it with a shade darker or lighter, of the same ash/cool brown color family. (my hair 'pulls' red)

Not with highlights or lowlights.

Super Contributor

Yes, I go lighter and a little warmer in the summer and fall and then more ash and darker in winter.

Honored Contributor

On 8/27/2014 cinebee said:

Lighter in summer and darker in fall? Nothing drastically different, just a few more high or low lights?

Yep. I'll be getting more lowlights the next time I go in....probably the end of September.

Honored Contributor

I have really strange hair. My colorist use the SAME formula every single time I get color, but my hair color still varies. I don't know if that's because of seasonal changes or something else. Yesterday my hair took on a reddish cast, but everyone seems to like it and I actually don't care one way or the other.
Honored Contributor

I tend to go redder in the colder months and blonder in the warmer ones

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

My hair color lightens in the sun in the spring and summer, not as much in the winter. It takes care of itself!