Respected Contributor

Does Anyone Here Not Use An Eyeliner Pencil And Uses E/S Powder Instead?

I just started using eyeshadow powder for an eyeliner ( not on the waterline) and am surprised how easy it goes on smooth and not choppy like a eye pencil can do and stays on all day!! I wish I had tried this years ago I wouldn't of wasted so much money on eyeliner pencils.

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Here Not Use An Eyeliner Pencil And Uses E/S Powder Instead?

I don't use eyeshadow, but I do use a cake eyeliner (like an eyeshadow). I think it's so much easier to apply and does last all day. I use Laura Mercier.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I started using dark brown e/s for liner before anyone ever made a shadow-liner (at least as far as I know, I'm talking way back in the 80's). Never could get the kind of line I want with a pencil or liquid liner. Now that I'm almost 60 {#emotions_dlg.scared}, powders are definitely the way to go for me. I can get the powders down into my lash line in a way I never could with other products.

My favorites are Laura Geller's Eye Rimz in Bronze, and the baked liner in Dutch Chocolate. I love her colored EyeRimz, too!

Trusted Contributor

I've been using a dark brown eye shadow as liner for quite a while. I also use it for touch ups around my hair line when my grey roots start showing. It's just as good as the hair touch up stuff!

Honored Contributor

I haven't given up eyeliner altogether, but I'm using eyeshadow more often these days. Using eyeshadow as eyeliner creates a softer look, which might be better for some of us. When I really want to take the time and do my eyes up more, I'll use both.

Respected Contributor

I've not had good luck getting the intensity I like with just shadow, although I like the softer lines. What I've been doing is lining with a darker shade and covering it with my eyeshadow. The shadow softens the harshness of the liner but I still have a nice, dark intensity at my lash line.

Honored Contributor

I learned that many many years ago from the Trish McEvoy makeup artist. I use one of their very fine eyeliner brushes and place it (not rub it along) at the base of my eyelids. It is the perfect quick daytime look. I don't have trouble with it stinging my eyes or coming off either for some reason. I just tap and dot it along in a straight line along and almost into my lashes.

I do this a lot.

Valued Contributor

I had my make up done for DSs' wedding last New Years Eve and they recommended using a liner pencil , smudged on the top and eye shadow on the bottom, it was a much softer look. I have done this ever since, I liked the way it looked in the pictures.

Frequent Contributor

I like to use a darker e/s shade in the pallet I am using as an eyeliner. I use a liner brush and get it wet to make the line. I have done this for years.

Super Contributor

I've been doing the lower lashes this way for years. I started doing the top lash line this way for about 3 years. I still like the gel and if I use gel I take the powder and apply it at the outer corners of my eye instead of putting a heavy gel line. That way I can soften it by smudging it a bit.