Super Contributor

O/T - Escaping Alaska anyone?

Has anyone caught this TLC reality series??

It was amazing seeing how those in AK live - like the price of fresh produce, the things they have to do to survive that I'd never needed to think about. Certainly was an eye opener!

Anyway, I watched several episodes until 'Q' called the police on one of the girls for putting out negative energy (obviously weirded out b/c he was on steroids to help him get rid of an URI he caught). That was the last episode - after that they started all over again.

To anyone who watched it, did they have an episode after that that I missed??!?

What is up with that??????

Honored Contributor

Re: O/T - Escaping Alaska anyone?

There are about a dozen of the "living in Alaska" shows this season. Just finished watching Ice Lake Rebels and Alaska State Troopers. The best IMO is Alaska, the Last Frontier. Even HGTV has had the Alaska version of House Hunters. Were on a real Alaska jag.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I was thinking the same thing!!! On Demand only has the first three episodes of ""Escaping Alaska"" - the third is the the episode you mentioned when Q called the police.

I am anxiously waiting to see what happens next! I find the kids very endearing.

Contributor

I don't think we've seen this show but will keep an eye out for it. We have been to Alaska like so many, and loved it! We have friends who have been there for decades and they've worked hard to make a go of it. They have a beautiful home and eat so healthy with all the wonderful fish available and the big garden they grow. It is a lot of work to live there but they love what they do. People that are more rural or not as successful really struggle but there is so much beauty all around them!
Occasional Contributor

I don't think there's been a new episode since the one where Q called the police. My DVR is set to pick up new episodes only and it hasn't.

Super Contributor

On 8/26/2014 dionline said:

Has anyone caught this TLC reality series??

It was amazing seeing how those in AK live - like the price of fresh produce, the things they have to do to survive that I'd never needed to think about. Certainly was an eye opener!

Anyway, I watched several episodes until 'Q' called the police on one of the girls for putting out negative energy (obviously weirded out b/c he was on steroids to help him get rid of an URI he caught). That was the last episode - after that they started all over again.

To anyone who watched it, did they have an episode after that that I missed??!?

What is up with that??????

I'm glad I saw this thread. Yup, I was hooked on the show from the first episode. Very interesting to see how hard it is to live in that environment. Cool though how close they are to the passed down culture.

I've got my DVR programmed to record it but only 3 episodes so far. I keep looking for it only finding the 19 & Counting shows, which I'm not into at all.

Super Contributor

On 8/26/2014 kachina624 said: There are about a dozen of the "living in Alaska" shows this season. Just finished watching Ice Lake Rebels and Alaska State Troopers. The best IMO is Alaska, the Last Frontier. Even HGTV has had the Alaska version of House Hunters. Were on a real Alaska jag.

Is that the show with the Kilcher family homesteaders?

Honored Contributor

Yes, that's the one.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I like Alaska the last frontier and Alaska State Troopers.

I did watch Escaping Alaska, I hope the producers get rid of Q if the show returns. He's too old to be hanging out with the younger Eskimos. He doesn't is completely disrespectful and he seems to have trouble controlling his anger.

Super Contributor

Good, I thought I somehow zoned out and missed any later episodes. I'll check back here to see if anyone finds more. I checked the online guide and am unable to find more.

If anyone's on Facebook, maybe check w/TLC and see if you get a response. Post back here if you do. I don't frequent FB anymore - I find it a huge time sukk.

TIA!