Esteemed Contributor

Anyone know a cruelty free brand made in the USA? (makeup)

I've been looking and can't seem to find them. I found brands that were supposedly cruelty free but then were made in China. Anyone know of any makeup that is cruelty free and American made? Thanks for any info.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone know a cruelty free brand made in the USA? (makeup)

Respected Contributor

100% Pure and check out some of the lines available at Whole Foods such as Gabriel.
Honored Contributor

RMS beauty. I love their products but you need an eye primer with their eyeshadows, which is fine since I always use one anyway. Not cheap but they last forever and are awesome products.

Honored Contributor

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics

Lucy Minerals

Honored Contributor

I believe the brand Alima Pure is made in the USA too.

Vapour Organic Beauty

Pur minerals (most of their products, their brushes might not be)

W3LL People

Contributor

Try Red Apple Lipstick! They are a little more expensive but worth the money! They have the best lipsticks as well as great eyeshadows. I haven't tried their mascara or lip glosses but I've heard they are great too(people have been raving about the mascara they just launched). Silk naturals and The All Natural Face are also great and super affordable! Pumpkin and Poppy and Brija Cosmetics are great indie brands to try out as well. If you're looking for eyeshadow pigments, Shiro Cosmetics and Darling Girl Cosmetics both have a wide variety of shades. They sell other types of cosmetics (not just eyeshadow) but I haven't tried them enough to be able to recommend them. Hope that helps!
Respected Contributor

On 8/26/2014 josies2012 said: Try Red Apple Lipstick! They are a little more expensive but worth the money! They have the best lipsticks as well as great eyeshadows. I haven't tried their mascara or lip glosses but I've heard they are great too(people have been raving about the mascara they just launched). Silk naturals and The All Natural Face are also great and super affordable! Pumpkin and Poppy and Brija Cosmetics are great indie brands to try out as well. If you're looking for eyeshadow pigments, Shiro Cosmetics and Darling Girl Cosmetics both have a wide variety of shades. They sell other types of cosmetics (not just eyeshadow) but I haven't tried them enough to be able to recommend them. Hope that helps!
Those sound like fun and worth taking a look at. They also sound boutique. Where can you find them? Is it hit or miss depending on their and your location? Trying to choose colors on line is so tricky.
Frequent Contributor

Makeup geek. Caytlin cosmetics
Contributor

Besides the brands mentioned, mid or high end brands that are cruelty free are Too Faced, Anastasia Beverly Hills, BECCA, Butter London, Hourglass, Illamasqua, Josie Maran, EccoBella, Michael Todd, Zuzu Luxe, Lime Crime, BITE beauty and I believe Inglot and Mally Beauty. All these are made in the USA, Canada, or Europe, although last year one of Josie's holiday sets had gloss made in Thailand.

The drugstore/ big-box brands that are cruelty free and made in the US or Europe are Pacifica, Sonia Kashuk at Target, Flower Beauty by Drew Barrymore at Walmart, Physicians Formula, Milani, Jordana, and Essence.