Respected Contributor

This was on the 2am Beauty show this morning.

It was for Mally Lip Defender. This is probably a good product, as I use a similar one by DuWop.

It goes on your lip lines to keep lipstick/gloss from bleeding into tiny lines around your lips. I don't use lipstick without it. It is a chubby, waxy, pencil that has no color, but is applied BEFORE you put on any lip color products.

So, Teenie from Mally Beauty has a model that already has shiny lipstick ON. You cannot demonstrate how to use this or what it does if you already have lipstick on! It is colorless! She applies is around model's lips, but you can't see any point to it! She is getting lipstick on the product, but just keeps talking!!

At 2am, I am yelling at the television to "take the lipstick off!" It really does work, but who could tell watching this?

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

Re: Silliest demonstration ever

Lol!!! Funny. The consumer of the Mally line has a lot of trust that these products work. I could have never purchased the mascara if I had only gone by the presentation. Thank goodness I could see how to not have spider eyes, because it's my fav!

Trusted Contributor

Hate to say this but I find many of the beauty demonstrations too much. From the face washing (and ridiculous over sudsing in bowls of water with the Philosophy gels) to the Emjoi to even sweet Josie rubbing oil all over herself, over and over, just not necessary. I think most viewers can grasp what the products do w/o so many of these demos. Probably just me but am finding them more and more un-enjoyable and even annoying to watch.

Or when the vendor keeps brushing the model's face over and over and over and over again, almost mindlessly when simultaneously taking with a caller - Jamie tends to do this and I want to scream "stop, we get it" - she doesn't have to go over the poor model's face 40 times for us to grasp the concept.

Maybe I having a grumpy week {#emotions_dlg.bored}

Super Contributor

On 8/26/2014 wackers said:

Hate to say this but I find many of the beauty demonstrations too much. From the face washing (and ridiculous over sudsing in bowls of water with the Philosophy gels) to the Emjoi to even sweet Josie rubbing oil all over herself, over and over, just not necessary. I think most viewers can grasp what the products do w/o so many of these demos. Probably just me but am finding them more and more un-enjoyable and even annoying to watch.

Or when the vendor keeps brushing the model's face over and over and over and over again, almost mindlessly when simultaneously taking with a caller - Jamie tends to do this and I want to scream "stop, we get it" - she doesn't have to go over the poor model's face 40 times for us to grasp the concept.

Chamomile tea. :-)

Super Contributor

My new mantra: I will NOT click twice I will NOT click twice I will NOT click twice

Super Contributor

On 8/26/2014 MarenSeattle said:

My new mantra: I will NOT click twice I will NOT click twice I will NOT click twice

I've not clicked twice and it still DP.

Respected Contributor

On 8/26/2014 wackers said:

Well, make that two of us, & not grumpy, either! The bowl of Philosophy suds is laughable & I've often wondered how much product they put in there, a cup or more?

I also wonder about what kind of skin care those make-up models use since their skin takes such a beating with putting it on, having it over-applied, & taking it off again.

I think most QVC shoppers are just looking for the products & not looking for lessons in applying make-up which can be found in books, magazines, & of course on YouTube. I can see demos if the product has some special kind of application, but watching them apply mascara, lipstick & blush over & over again. Yawn......

Regular Contributor

I didn't see the demo, but totally agree about the lip defender. I love it.

for beauty products - I am 54, blue eye's, very fair. Skin is normal, but prone to eczema patches.
Honored Contributor

That is too bad that they failed on that demo as those type of products can really be great (never tried mally's). Why would they bother with a demo like that?? They actually could turn customers off. Doing the demo the right way to show how the product would actually work would take seconds to do so it isn't for lack of time!

Esteemed Contributor

They really annoy me with some of the beauty demonstrations. I truly don't understand why they can't have the model come out bare face and then apply the makeup.

I was watching the "IT" cosmetics demonstration tonight, which I have seen a million times it seems. It was with the model Helen, and as usual Jamie always insist on telling us that she is 70 years young and drop dead gorgeous. I happen to be in my bedroom where I have HD, and I thought poor Helen looked awful. Not her skin, the tons of white makeup that they kept applying she looked like a ghost, it was so paste like looking. It was really bad.