Valued Contributor

Reviews on JM's Tinted SPF 47???

Hi Ladies, I loved JM's old formula SPF 40. I don't particularly love the newer, SPF 47. However, I'm wondering if the consistency of the tinted is the same as the non-tinted? I ask b/c I don't love the consistency of the SPF 47-- but the presentation of the TSV makes it seem like the tinted version is much more liquid and blendable. ???? What do you think??? TIASmiley Happy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Reviews on JM's Tinted SPF 47???

I think the new tinted SPF is easier to apply than the new untinted version. It smooths onto my skin nicely and doesn't feel as tacky as the untinted. However...I wish the tint was a tad lighter. I'm a BE medium beige (original) and the tint works well with my skin right now, but I'm afraid it will be a tad dark in winter. Although my powder foundation might lighten it a bit. I may end up mixing the tinted and untinted together for winter. We shall see... Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

I have not used the non-tinted version of the SPF 47 -- but I did receive this TSV last week and I LOVE the tinted version in this set. I am olive toned and it blends easily and beautifully. I am using no other foundation or concealer with it. Love it.

Valued Contributor

Hi Ladies--Thanks so much for your replies.Smiley Happy Decided to read some other reviews, too, and some with fair skin have said the color is too dark. I'm a fair girl with pinky undertones. Not so sure this will work for me.:/
Super Contributor

I have light skin and love the tinted. I've only tried a sample of the untinted. I like the tinted better. I have also read reviews that said it didn't work well on fair skin. For me, it blends in and I don't notice any color.

Honored Contributor

Well they lost me with the presentation of the tinted one. It just confirmed that for me, I don't want the product tinted. I cancelled my TSV. Just me, but I don't want the tinted one.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I have both the untinted spf 47 and the tinted spf 47 (ordered and received the TSV early). I feel like the tinted spf 47 is more liquid than the untinted. I also have light skin with pink undertones and I don't notice any color after blending it in.

Respected Contributor

LOVE it.....No real color after you apply, to me it is more of a primer/moisture product..I use my reg foundation over it and the results are great...the whole kit is perfect

Super Contributor

It sounds nice if it works for light/fair skin with pink undertones. I'm still on the fence for this, it's a great deal which is why I'm tempted, and if the argan milk works as great as the pictures they showed, then it sounds awesome. I still don't like the lip/cheek product though, I guess I could sell it on ebay. Also I'm sure there will be another JM TSV coming up this fall or closer to Christmas, I was originally thinking I should just wait for that since I don't need argan oil right now, but I'm still tempted!! Argh!

Honored Contributor

It's too brown/orange for me. I am a BE Fairly Light in Original and Matte; Medium Beige in BE READY and Bare Natural 07 in the Bareskin.

I tried applying it with my fingers and it was too heavy. I tried applying it with a brush and it was a little better. You do need to shake it up (I forgot to do that the second time). I have had the best success putting BE Illuminating MV over it, but that was just to get out the door without washing my face again.

It's a no-go for me so far.

I am going to try it as a primer under my regular BE this coming weekend and see what that does for me.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN