Super Contributor

I emailed Nancy and asked for a but if a recommendation, including if this new cleanser, NCN Lemon Creamy Cleanser, would be appropriate. She was nice enough to reply quickly. It seems it's great for brightening and for normal to dry skin and thought it would work great.

She also recommended her Multi-active Peptide Matrixyl serum, DNA serum and a sunscreen that's not her brand (I was pretty impressed with this).

I need to amp-up my skin care now that my medical stuff is more on the balanced side. At the moment I'm just looking for essentials that I can built on, but.....PC (tried a few sample kits), ASDM (everyone seems to love the Microdermabrasion & moisturizer), SKINN (watched & was impressed over the weekend. Is it best to only order kits? Missed out on ordering as I was too slow), NCN?

What are your essentials or, as Dimitri would say, non-negotiables? I have normal to dry skin, I'd like to brighten and just have better looking skin.

Best cleanser, exfoliation, treatment, moisturizer? Basics?

Honored Contributor

What happened to the cleansing oil and enzyme powder, I thought you loved them?

Super Contributor

F1wild - I'm glad to hear you're doing well:-) I haven't seen HappyDaze around. I hope she's doing ok.

The best thing for brightening my skin is a vitamin c. I have been using NCN Vitamin C Serum for 5 days and love it so far. Most L-ascorbic acid serums cause irritation but this one hasn't irritated me at all.

For cleansing and toning I love Paula's Choice Moisture Boost Cleanser and Skin Recovery toner. I have slightly dry skin and these work great. They are definitely staples. I also love her Resist 2% BHA liquid. It is so gentle and doesn't dry my skin. I use it in place of toner in the morning.

I'm looking at NCN Copper Peptide Formula 1 and DNA serum. I'm planning on ordering them in sample size next week (hoping for another coupon code). Nancy recommended them both along with the Formula 7 but I don't want to add It since I'm still treating a few spots with prescription hydroquinone.

For moisturizer I love Josie Maran' s Argan milk and argan oil. I also use Rose hip oil with the Argan at night and apply that over ASDM maximum hydration cream. Daytime I just use a little argan under my eyes and on my neck.

I love Josie's new tinted spf and Andalou Naturals CC cream for my sunscreen. I can also wear these with just a dusting of powder if I'm not going anywhere.

Hope I didn't give you too much information. LOL.

Honored Contributor

I too have normal to dry skin and these are my Non-negotiables:

-NCN's Vitamin C - best I've ever tried and, like Myshell, only L-ascorbic I've ever used that never irritated my skin.

-Paula's Choice skin recovery SPF moisturizer, Andalou Naturals CC and/or Missha Perfect Cover BB cream

-rose hip seed oil

-Paula's Choice 2% BHA product (either anti-redness liquid or the lotion, depending on how dry my skin is/time of year).

-One love organics cleansing oil. I've tried almost all cleansing oils and this one works perfectly for me. best.stuff.evah.

I've been really interested in NCN's DNA serum as I've heard so many good things about it and that it is especially moisturizing. My mom (in her 60's) loves NCN's Formula 7 for fading her age spots. It is something I'd try at some point if I ever needed it as I really like the ingredients.

When I was in my room waiting for my surgery to begin, the nurse said to me, "honey, you shouldn't have worn makeup, could you please wash it off" to which I applied, "I have none on!" {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I didn't have a stitch of makeup on! She could not believe it and said my skin looked amazing and so even toned, like I had some foundation on or something. It made me realize how awesome my current routine is working for me.

Honored Contributor
On 8/25/2014 myshell624 said:

F1wild - I'm glad to hear you're doing well:-) I haven't seen HappyDaze around. I hope she's doing ok.

The best thing for brightening my skin is a vitamin c. I have been using NCN Vitamin C Serum for 5 days and love it so far. Most L-ascorbic acid serums cause irritation but this one hasn't irritated me at all.

For cleansing and toning I love Paula's Choice Moisture Boost Cleanser and Skin Recovery toner. I have slightly dry skin and these work great. They are definitely staples. I also love her Resist 2% BHA liquid. It is so gentle and doesn't dry my skin. I use it in place of toner in the morning.

I'm looking at NCN Copper Peptide Formula 1 and DNA serum. I'm planning on ordering them in sample size next week (hoping for another coupon code). Nancy recommended them both along with the Formula 7 but I don't want to add It since I'm still treating a few spots with prescription hydroquinone.

For moisturizer I love Josie Maran' s Argan milk and argan oil. I also use Rose hip oil with the Argan at night and apply that over ASDM maximum hydration cream. Daytime I just use a little argan under my eyes and on my neck.

I love Josie's new tinted spf and Andalou Naturals CC cream for my sunscreen. I can also wear these with just a dusting of powder if I'm not going anywhere.

Hope I didn't give you too much information. LOL.

I am glad you are doing well too, F1!

Thanks Myshell. I had my surgery on Thursday. It was suppose to be 3-4 hours but was close to 6! Nothing was wrong but the tumor was bigger than expected (12 cm, yikes!) so they did more to it then they usually do. Plus there were 8 people in the room during the surgery, including the doctor that invented the procedure (this was an awesome surprise), 2 residents, and 2 medical students-I felt like I was really on display, lol! Anyway, only time will tell if it will work and I am praying it will!

Respected Contributor
HappyDaze and OP - so nice to see you posting. Hope all turned out as hoped and most if not all is behind you both.

I will sound like a broken record. NCN C serum. Hands down my favorite. I've tried other before, strayed after finding this but I am back to stay. I love this C.

I also use NCN copper peptide. I very recently bumped up to Formula II after using Formula I for over a year. Also recent is her DNA serum and Matrixyl. Too soon to tell a difference but I have no sensitivities to them. The DNA serum adds a very nice bit of moisture that absorbs quickly and I really like that.

My latest impressive addition is Missha Time Revolution First Essence. Geez, I can't believe how much I like this and how quickly. It's meant to be used immediately after cleansing and adds a bit of moisture, brightens and is very light and refreshing. No noticeable fragrance either. I am unsure, though, which step to use it with another HG, Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid. I shudder to think what the sate,of my pores would be without this.

I've been using Boscia cleansing oil for at least two years but HappyDaze influenced me into trying One Love. Oh my, it has edged out Boscia. I will probably continue to use Boscia at times as it is less expensive than One Love.

I almost forgot about Isomers Fast Lift Eye Serum. It keeps puffiness and circles away and overall freshens up my under eye area.

sorry this has run together! I tried using HTML code. It's either not working or I made a mistake. I'll try to edit.

Honored Contributor
On 8/25/2014 BellaCarro said:HappyDaze and OP - so nice to see you posting. Hope all turned out as hoped and most if not all is behind you both.

I will sound like a broken record. NCN C serum. Hands down my favorite. I've tried other before, strayed after finding this but I am back to stay. I love this C.

I also use NCN copper peptide. I very recently bumped up to Formula II after using Formula I for over a year. Also recent is her DNA serum and Matrixyl. Too soon to tell a difference but I have no sensitivities to them. The DNA serum adds a very nice bit of moisture that absorbs quickly and I really like that.My latest impressive addition is Missha Time Revolution First Essence.Geez, I can't believe how much I like this and how quickly. It's meant to be used immediately after cleansing and adds a bit of moisture, brightens and is very light and refreshing. No noticeable fragrance either. I am unsure, though, which step to use it with another HG, Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid. I shudder to think what the sate,of my pores would be without this. I've been using Boscia cleansing oil for at least two years but HappyDaze influenced me into trying One Love. Oh my, it has edged out Boscia. I will probably continue to use Boscia at times as it is less expensive than One Love.I almost forgot about Isomers Fast Lift Eye Serum. It keeps puffiness and circles away and overall freshens up my under eye area.

sorry this has run together! I tried using HTML code. It's either not working or I made a mistake. I'll try to edit.

oh I've been waiting to hear how you like that Missha Essence stuff. Sounds interesting! Do you use it every day or is it like a once a week thing (or should I look it up and read about it for myself, lol)?

Respected Contributor
Very strange double post.
Respected Contributor
On 8/25/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 8/25/2014 BellaCarro said:HappyDaze and OP - so nice to see you posting. Hope all turned out as hoped and most if not all is behind you both.

I also use NCN copper peptide. I very recently bumped up to Formula II after using Formula I for over a year. Also recent is her DNA serum and Matrixyl. Too soon to tell a difference but I have no sensitivities to them. The DNA serum adds a very nice bit of moisture that absorbs quickly and I really like that.My latest impressive addition is Missha Time Revolution First Essence.Geez, I can't believe how much I like this and how quickly. It's meant to be used immediately after cleansing and adds a bit of moisture, brightens and is very light and refreshing. No noticeable fragrance either. I am unsure, though, which step to use it with another HG, Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid. I shudder to think what the sate,of my pores would be without this. I've been using Boscia cleansing oil for at least two years but HappyDaze influenced me into trying One Love. Oh my, it has edged out Boscia. I will probably continue to use Boscia at times as it is less expensive than One Love.I almost forgot about Isomers Fast Lift Eye Serum. It keeps puffiness and circles away and overall freshens up my under eye area.

oh I've been waiting to hear how you like that Missha Essence stuff. Sounds interesting! Do you use it every day or is it like a once a week thing (or should I look it up and read about it for myself, lol)?

HD, I use it every day immediately after cleansing. I've been skipping it though some evenings when I use 2%BHA.
Super Contributor
On 8/25/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

What happened to the cleansing oil and enzyme powder, I thought you loved them?

I know, I thought I did, too. I should have ordered a scented FDL powder because I got so I couldn't stand the weird smell of the unscented. I like using the oil, but better on my body than my face.

I appreciate the recommendations you gave me. I just didn't feel the cleansing was doing as much as I had hoped. When I sent a note to FDL regarding the powder's god-awful smell they immediately refunded my account - no questions, no need to return product. It must be something they've heard before.