Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone been to a Blue Mercury store?

I passed by a new one, about to open and wondered if it's like Sephora? It seems similar in terms of brands they carry, but wondering if it's the same kind of big, open, try anything kind of store?

LINK

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone been to a Blue Mercury store?

Yes. Mine is smaller than Sephora (by far) but same concept. High end brands. Mine has a great brow girl
Super Contributor

Much too often. There has been one right around here for many years.

It is different from Sephora in that higher end brands are featured...La Mer, Trish Mc Evoy, Nest candles, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/25/2014 KateChopin said:

Much too often. There has been one right around here for many years.

It is different from Sephora in that higher end brands are featured...La Mer, Trish Mc Evoy, Nest candles, etc.

Oh dear. I think I need to swing by when it opens. Sigh.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

Very nice store - they are also very good about giving samples.

Super Contributor

Different brands from Sephora, although the brands carried in each Blue Mercury vary from store to store. Like any other store, your experience will totally depend on the SAs who work there. I have two Blue Mercury stores near me and both are wonderful, I visit both because they carry different brands. One has a spa where they do facials and carries all the really expensive high end brands. The SAs at both are very helpful and always send me home with samples.

Contributor

YES!

I love the Bluemercury stores. Think of them more as a *boutique* brand store and they are always generous with samples!

Super Contributor

Darn! The only one in AZ is in Tucson...

Honored Contributor

Much better than Sephora they carry more upscale brands, I have only been to one once and it was a nice visit lol

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

Yes. I don't love it. I mean, of course I love it b/c I'm a Beauty Junkie. However, it is not as comfortable and fun as say, a Sephora or an Ulta. At least in my opinion. Higher ends brands. And a few that I am/was very unfamiliar with and I thought I knew just about everything about new brands and higher-end stuff--even stuff I haven't used. One of the brands I noticed a lot of the last time I was in was Dauphin (sp???.) I need to go back in and see what they have again.