Esteemed Contributor

All Summer Long w/ No Self-Tanning

And society hasn't shunned me!

This was the first time I didn't do anything (too much) special. A few times I used the It bronzer for a smidge of extra color on my legs. Most other times I used a light wash of black tea (Chocolate from Harney & Sons.)

Anyone else not doing self-tanning and are really happy?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: All Summer Long w/ No Self-Tanning

Good for you! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

The last time I self-tanned was back in high school and I turned a brilliant orange. OK, granted that was the 1960's and self-tanners have improved since then, but I'm still not interested.

I'm fair, who cares? -- it doesn't matter to me what society thinks of my white legs. I'm very happy.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I have never self-tanned and never been shunned because of it -- at least that I know of{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Whatever color my skin picks up when I'm outside is the color it is. I've never felt the need to look like a basted turkey.

I can understand that one might want to look lightly bronzed, but so many times it just looks orange and overdone.

Esteemed Contributor

I tried but really don't like the look of my legs being so pale. I usually do Jergens or Tan Towels my legs because I wear capris all summer long.

tototwo the ones we used in High School were horrid, the ones today are so much better. I remember using a self tanner before a dance in High School on my legs...OMG. I can laugh today but it wasn't funny then, believe me.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I didn't self-tan either this year for the first time, but then I am darker than I used to be year around. I think that happens as we age and what time in the sun we do spend (protected or unprotected) builds up and for me at least, my skin is not as blue white as it used to be.

Honored Contributor

I stopped self tanning years ago, lost all patience for it. I do sit in sun about 20 minutes a day few times a week with no sunscreen, good source of Vit D. Keep face and chest covered, but arms and legs look great.

Honored Contributor

I never used any self tan product and premature aging and skin cancer never appealed to me; so, I never baked myself in the sun either. I'm okay with my natural color and the little summer glow I get from walking around. It's weird, I just don't understand the tan thing.
Respected Contributor

I used to be a big self tanner. Never went through the Summer without it. This Summer just was not in the mood for the trouble. So I started using Jergen's BB Cream. It gives just a very slight hint of color after 5 days. It is nothing like a self tanner at all. No smell, no tanned palms or cuticles and does not collect around the feet and ankles. I have been very comfortable wearing shorts. Finally, people are more accepting of white skin.

Honored Contributor

This is the first year I only used tan towels 3 times on my legs but then this year I got a great natural tan and decided not to try to enhance it with self tanner and I was surprised that I actually do tan evenly.

Super Contributor

Pale as ghost and very happy.