Super Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Super interesting article about Adrienne:

It was written in 2005 so that would make her 72 years old. She certainly has had a very interesting life. I just wish she had aged more gracefully and dispensed with so much plastic surgery. I guess I could take her more seriously if she wasn't plumped up with so many fillers and lip injections. Still, I have a lot of respect for her or any woman who does well in a business that is very tough to get into.

Thanks for posting.

Super Contributor

She started her business with $400. from baby sitting and made her first million by age 21. Impressive.

Super Contributor

On 8/22/2014 Kind1too said:

She started her business with $400. from baby sitting and made her first million by age 21. Impressive.

Very impressive!

Super Contributor

On 8/22/2014 SoftRaindrops said:

It was written in 2005 so that would make her 72 years old. She certainly has had a very interesting life. I just wish she had aged more gracefully and dispensed with so much plastic surgery. I guess I could take her more seriously if she wasn't plumped up with so many fillers and lip injections. Still, I have a lot of respect for her or any woman who does well in a business that is very tough to get into.

Thanks for posting.

I remember when she was selling the Vitamin C and she showed a picture of a still shot of how she looked while selling in a previous show. She said she was appalled and went looking for a solution. At that time she was saying she'd had no work done and you could definitely see an improvement. Not sure she still says that, though. :-) I thought it took a lot of courage to show such an unflattering shot of herself (several times!) so I've really liked her even more because of that. I agree she's had work done, but she still looks like herself. You'd look at her and think "she's had surgery" but wouldn't think "she looks odd, different".

Super Contributor

I was just wondering today how old she was. I kept looking at her hands and even they didn't look to bad.

Super Contributor

On 8/22/2014 Katluvr58 said:

I was just wondering today how old she was. I kept looking at her hands and even they didn't look to bad.

She's a pretty lady. Even her chest looks way younger than her age. I know you can work on the face but her chest, hands etc don't show her age either.

Valued Contributor

Somewhere there is a video of an appearance she made on an '80s daytime talk show hosted by Linda Dano and a blonde woman. She was in her 50s at the time and lovely. Her features were very delicate. Also, compared to the giant shoulder pads and flamboyant colors the hosts were wearing, her clothing was more subdued and "preppy." Very classy. It's the same voice, just softer.
Occasional Contributor

On 8/22/2014 rac71 said: Somewhere there is a video of an appearance she made on an '80s daytime talk show hosted by Linda Dano and a blonde woman. She was in her 50s at the time and lovely. Her features were very delicate. Also, compared to the giant shoulder pads and flamboyant colors the hosts were wearing, her clothing was more subdued and "preppy." Very classy. It's the same voice, just softer.
She looks completely different and a caricature of her former self! I made a split screen with a picture of that interview (she was 48) but I don't know how to insert it.
Respected Contributor

Adrienne is quite an extraordinary lady. What I like best about her is that she's so down to earth. She still speaks with that NY/NJ accent, which I find charming. I remember right after the 9/11/01 attacks some weren't traveling to HSN, but Adrienne was game. She (or was it the host?) said she'd booked a flight and also I think a car and driver in order to get there on time for her show.