Esteemed Contributor

Review of YSL Fusion Ink Foundation

I already posted this review in another thread but thought perhaps more people would see it under a different title. I purchased the BR30 - Cool Almond. This turned out to be a perfect match for my skin tone. BTW, I have combination skin and my skin is pretty good. The first time I used it I applied it I used a makeup wedge. The second time I used a brush. I think I liked the results a bit better using the wedge. Both times I applied the foundation in the morning. It blends very easily and is very natural looking. I would say the coverage is light but can be built up to a medium coverage. And the finish is semi-matte. It felt like I wasn't wearing anything on my skin yet it did last all day. I never had to reapply the foundation. It looked just as good at the end of the day as it did when I first applied it in the morning. I did use a moisturizer and a primer underneath only because I am so used to doing so. I only applied concealer under my eyes because I do have dark under eye circles. I purposely avoided applying concealer in a couple areas where I have some very slight redness to see if they would be covered and how the foundation would hold up. And as I indicated above the coverage lasted all day without having to be reapplied... even though I spent some time out in the heat.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Review of YSL Fusion Ink Foundation

I guess no one is interested in this foundation ... but it is quite nice imho.

Trusted Contributor

I looked at this foundation on the Sephora site when I was looking for a Laura Mercier foundation someone talked about in another thread. Based on what I saw, I would like to sample both.

My skin is combo to oily. It is in pretty good shape. I really don't like mu very much because I hate the feel of it on my face, but I can use a bit of coverage during the workday -- light to medium. As for sheer makeup, if it doesn't cover anything, why bother to wear it? A tinted sunscreen would work just as well as a sheer foundation. Smiley Happy

I noticed that both of these foundations -- YSL and LM -- come in a pretty good range of colors. I am very fair. Also, the reviews for both mentioned that the mu felt like nothing was on the skin. Mu that you can't feel on your face sounds good to me.

Thanks for the review.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I was wondering about this foundation, and I appreciate your opinion!
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for posting. I love YSL.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

thanks for the review

Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone else tried this foundation? If so, what are your opinions? TIA, Maria

Valued Contributor

I have a sample coming with my Sephora order today. The color is too dark, but I'll be able to check the coverage and how it feels on my skin.

I'll post my thoughts here after I try it out....will be hard to beat my favorite foundation which is from Ellis Faas.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi dakotacheryl.... what do you like about the Ellis Faas Foundation? i just looked it up on the Sephora Website. Is it the Skin Veil Foundation? I had never heard of it.

Valued Contributor

Hey Boehm...the Skin Veil foundation just leaves the nicest most natural finish on my skin...me but better for sure...it's comfortable, and even with my combo skin looks great at the end of the day.

Wayne Goss did a nice review on Youtube.

It's spend, but I only need to buy 2x a year.