Trusted Contributor

Hi beauties...do any of you use just a bronzer instead of blush. I found a powdered bronzer I really like, containing shades of gold, bronze, pink and light rose. It is very pretty and I am tempted to use this product as a year round blush.

Respected Contributor

What bronzer is that-just curious? I use Bobbi Brown Antigua (Illuminating Bronzer) in this manner as well It is a lovely pinky peachy shade and natural on my cool lt/med skintone

Super Contributor

I'm with maestra -- what is it?

I realized that I'm just not happy with any blush lately, and then here someone made a comment about bronzer being more "modern" (or something like that". I realized s/he was right. It's become an integral part of makeup these days, not just during the summer when we want to fake a tan.

So I haven't taken the plunge, and am looking for something kind of like what you're describing, so spill it!

You could always just plop a touch of blush on top, too, I'd think.

Respected Contributor

I started using bronzer instead of blush the past few weeks and I am never going back to wearing blush. Most of them were just too pink and looked fake. What bronzer did you buy? I like the one from Clinique. It goes on nicely and comes with its own brush.

Super Contributor

I've used clinique's true bronze pressed powder bronzer as a blush for years. I am very fair and use the first shade - sunkissed, a pink bronze. The amount of product is huge - much more than their blush (added plus!).

Super Contributor
I say yes. All pink and different colored blushes look crazy clownish on me. I have been using Physicians Formula shimmer strips all in one custom nude palette its called natural nude. Also been using Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in the color rose.
Respected Contributor

Yes.

Honestly, I do not own a blusher. I have lots of redness and a bronzer works well to tone the redness down. The green tint that should correct redness looks dreadful on me.

I use Physician's Formula bronzer , Paula's Choice, and Wet N Wild reserve your cabana. Love the Wet n Wild bronzer as eyeshadow.

Valued Contributor

Yes...I use Too Faced's bronzer in Chocolate Soleil (the med/deep shade). It's a true matte bronzer...no sparkles or glitter. I sometimes use it as just my blush and other times I use it as a contour with a little added color of regular blush to the apples of my cheeks. I'm a light/light medium skin tone and this is the only bronzer that doesn't look orangey on me. I also love how it smells too...like chocolate. Yum!

Valued Contributor

Yes, I do. Smiley Happy I use Bobbi Brown's Antigua Bronzer. I apply in a backward 3 shape on each side of my face, very lightly. This is one of my HG products. Occasionally, I'll pop a tiny bit of color on the apples of my cheeks on top of the bronzer, but most days it's just this. As a matter of fact, I hit pan on my current one about 2 weeks ago, but there was still plenty of product to use. Today, however, it fell onto the floor and the last of this magical powder is gone, ladies. GONE! {#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.crying}Wasn't ready to purchase a new one just yet. Oh well.

Super Contributor
On 8/22/2014 SoftRaindrops said:

I started using bronzer instead of blush the past few weeks and I am never going back to wearing blush. Most of them were just too pink and looked fake. What bronzer did you buy? I like the one from Clinique. It goes on nicely and comes with its own brush.

You're right -- you look at someone (or your own reflection) and think ""nice shade of blush"" instead of ""what a nice glow"".