Honored Contributor

shop til you drop! Beauties, what did you purchase this past week ending 8/22/14?

Hi Beauties, Since I have errands to run tomorrow, I am starting our thread Thurs. evening. I hope you Beauties are enjoying your evening and had some good buys this past week.

I purchased:

Burt's Bees Brightening even-tone moisturizing cream. I thought I would give this a try. It's not heavy & has a unique scent (not offensive) so we shall see. I will still use my acure night cream (love it) and burt's during the day.

Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer. I had the regular tinted moisturizer but thought I would try the oil-free as I only have a dab or two of the regular left.

Toothbrushes, alka seltzer. I swear by alka seltzer, ladies. It is excellent for heartburn (immediate results) and colds.

I caved and purchased a sterling ring by Michael Dawkins on easy pay. I hope it ships quickly.

Horizontal stripe t-tunic from JJill on sale plus additional $$ off. Great buy.

Ladies, have a great weekend and week ahead. Don't you love Catolyn's & Jane's new hairdos? It nice to see the hosts make changes as it always freshens up your look.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Re: shop til you drop! Beauties, what did you purchase this past week ending 8/22/14?

They changed the formula of my favorite SAMY hairspray and I need to find a new one.

Tried- Garnier hairspray with bamboo - makes hair too soft and flops - taking back to Walgreens.

Today bought Sebastian Re-Shaper hairspray at the Walmart hair salon (great pricing on name brands) and hope it works as good as the reviews.

Reordered my Avon AF33 Clinical wrinkle serum and also Anew Platinum Night Cream that works as well as Lancomes Renergie.

Super Contributor

Re: shop til you drop! Beauties, what did you purchase this past week ending 8/22/14?

NCN Vitamin C Serum- only had it two days but so far so good:-)

PH Test strips from Amazon- I've been testing everything I can with these. For 8 something and free shipping they were a good buy.

Trusted Contributor

Set of 5 NYX eye shadows from Ross.

Honored Contributor

I did not buy a thing. No beauty & nothing interesting at all! lol... Been busy though.

Esteemed Contributor

Clothing wise I bought 4 Style & Co tops on clearance at Macy's. They were a great deal and much cheaper on clearance then the same brand at Hudson's Bay store in Canada.

Two Revlon lipsticks in the color 619 Rose and Shine.

A Sonia Kashuk sheer lip stick in fushia, an eyeshadow quad in taupe shades, and a brow pencil.

Trusted Contributor

Suave Natural Infusion shampoo with awapuhi ginger and honeysuckle

Sephora X nail polish in a deep purple shade called Privileged, on sale at Big Lots for $2.50, bought one for me and one to save for a stocking stuffer (wish they'd had more colors available)

4 Sinful Colors nail polishes on sale for 99 cents each at Walgreens, an iridescent sheer pink/gold, a bright pink, a light grey, and a light mint green.

Almay Intense I-color mascara for brown eyes (a plum shade), major rave for this mascara!

Went to Nordstrom Rack today and purchased:

The cutest nude Betsey Johnson bra with leopard print straps and a fuchsia back hook

A lightweight black cotton anorak

A really cute pair of printed lightweight pj bottoms

I think that's it!

Respected Contributor

Chanel Vitalumiere foundation in 22-Beige Rose. I actually finished a bottle. Feels like air.

Super Contributor

Well, I had a qvc return and will be ordering the upcoming philosophy TSV with my credit.
Super Contributor

I purchased (and already received) Josie Maran's upcoming TSV. Haven't tried it yet as I need to finish a few products first. In the housewares department, I bought a pancake griddle. During the winter months DH and I like breakfast for dinner and our old griddle (wedding present from one husband ago) did not make the move with us to Ohio..