Regular Contributor

Best smudge proof eyeliner for very oily eyelids

I know a good eyelid primer is a first step, but what is an eyeliner you recommend of any formulation that is smudge proof for my extremely oily eyelids? TIA, Gloria

Respected Contributor

Re: Best smudge proof eyeliner for very oily eyelids

I like all of Mally's (the one in pencil form and the twist up one). What about a gel liner such as Bobbi's?

Valued Contributor

Physician's Formula Eye Booster lasts all day. Also, the Physician's Formula shimmer strips pencil trios are nice as well and last a long time.

Trusted Contributor

I have an oily eye area, too, and Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last gel eyeliner pencils work very well for me. Honestly, I've tried just about everything, both high and low end, and though I might still have to touch up a little when the humidity is high, these have the best staying power I've found.

Honored Contributor

Bobbi Brown's Gel Eyeliner is great-doesn't budge on me!

Frequent Contributor

On 8/21/2014 JMFINLEY001 said:

Bobbi Brown's Gel Eyeliner is great-doesn't budge on me!

Personally don't like Bobbi Brown,, its expensive and dries out very quickly. I talked once to a Bobby consultant about the dryness,,,she said, that's what gel liners do..nothing you can do about it. So I started trying gel liners in all sorts of brands. Like rimmel gel and for pencils,,Jordana and Ulta gel liner pencils do great for me and I have the oily lids too. HTH.

Trusted Contributor

I've had good luck with the IT Cosmetics Liner Love in the pots. I've been using it for several months and it's not drying out in the pot. Stays on pretty well. Don't bother with the brush sold with here.

Trusted Contributor

I'm using Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes and if I forget to remove it before I get in the shower, my cleanser doesn't even take it off. It comes in pencil form. I also love the color and the ease of application.

Valued Contributor

I have yet to find my HG liners and I am a long-time liner junkie. It's not a pencil, but the Laura Geller Eye Rimz REALLY stay on for me. Admittedly, I haven't used these in a while, b/c I like the ease of use of a pencil. But the little Eyerimz brush and pot of color really stays put for me.

I also have two I recently purchased from Smashbox. They are twist-ups that sharpen and push the liner up as you go. They are $20/each and they last nicely on me, too.

I also like UD 24/7 liners. I hate having to sharpen pencils. I don't know why I hate this minuscule MU task, but I really don't like it. I wish I could find something like the UD 24/7 that I didn't have to sharpen. Perhaps they make a push up or auto-one that I don't know about???

Esteemed Contributor

I must have at least l00 eyeliner pencils, powders and gels. Also, have got the oily lids. I use Trish McEvoy's eye base. When you use that baby, not much is going to smudge. After that, my new favorite came in Mally's recent TSV. Color is black/navy, and it's a real sticker. It goes smoothly and has great staying power.

Bobbi's gel is good with great stay power, but it takes longer to apply and her gel doesn't feel as good as a pencil. It cracks and gets dry.

Tarte doesn't do it for me. Clinique and Prescriptives are above average. Laura Geller doesn't do it for me, and I'm soon getting ready to try IT. A good eye base, like Trish's, is a must for oily and discolored lids.