Respected Contributor

Anyone have any success removing these with OTC meds?? At least I think I have seen something called "tag away"?? I have several where the band of my bra is, & they seem to get irritated easily.

Super Contributor

I've read that apple cider vinegar works well for skin tags. (I've never used it, but read about it somewhere.)

Respected Contributor

I post this everytime I see this question. Salux is my answer to the many skin tags I had on my neck. My dermatologist removed some but can only remove so many at a time for insurance purposes. I read about Salux cloths (a real one) here and purchased one at my local Asian supermarket. After months of use all of them are gone on my side of my neck and just a few remain on the other sidee. I love the exfoliation of this cloth on my whole body. Just my experience....

Regular Contributor
Take a loose strand of your hair and double knot it around the tag. Cut the ends so they don't get caught it anything. The tag will swell up slightly and be a little red and tender for a day and then shrivel up like a scab and fall off. I've done this many many times and they don't grow back. Works like a charm!
Super Contributor

I scratch mine off with a clean fingernail and it leaves no marks at all. I do this over a period of several months. As they become irritated, they start to dry up and eventually fall off.

Esteemed Contributor
I used a wart removal disk successfully.
Honored Contributor

I dull them with ice - clean them with alcohol and cut them off as close to the skin as possible with sterile suture scissor, you can buy sterile scissors at the drug store. Sometimes though I can't reach them so I have to go to the dermatologist to have them removed. It odes hurt for a min but i am tough - I never let the derm. numb them as the needle for the lidocaine hurts as bad as just cutting them.I have the bandaid all ready as they do bleed.

Respected Contributor

I have used Tag Away and it will work if you use practically the whole bottle on a large skin tag. I can't tie a string around the tag myself; I would need help from somebody but I have heard this method works. Dr. charged $75. to remove an average sized tag; forget that.

Valued Contributor
On 8/20/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

I scratch mine off with a clean fingernail and it leaves no marks at all. I do this over a period of several months. As they become irritated, they start to dry up and eventually fall off.

That's exactly what I do too. Works and costs nothing!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Honored Contributor

I just cut them off with cuticle clippers.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval